Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay Automatic Setting of Item Status When Opportunity Header Status is Set

StuartWhite
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

In CRM Web UI you edit an opportunity that has items. The status of the opportunity is Open and the Item statuses are Open.

You edit the Opportunity header and change the header status to Lost but do not click on save. You then change the header status of the opportunity header to Won and then click on Save.

When you view the Items their status will be set as Lost.

If the header status is set as Lost then the Item status must be Lost.

If the header status is set as Won then the Item status may be Won or Lost.

The behaviour is that if header status is set as Lost then it automatically changes the status of the items to Lost prior to clicking on Save. The header status is then changed to Won and as the Item status is Lost, which is a valid status for items with a header status of Won, the status of the items remains Lost. The opportunity is then saved which saves the opportunity header with a status of Won and the items with a status of Lost.

The functionality what I would like is:

• You edit the Opportunity header and change the header status to Lost but do not click on save.
    • The Item status is left on whatever status it was. I.e. The automatic filtering of item statuses is disabled.
  • You then change the header status of the opportunity header to Won.
    • The Item status is changed according to the what item status options are available for a header status of Won. I.e. Normal behaviour. E.g. Open changes to Won.
  • You click on Save.
    • The opportunity is saved with a header status of Won and the Items with a status of Won.

• You edit the Opportunity header and change the header status to Lost but do not click on save.
    • The Item status is left on whatever status it was. I.e. The automatic filtering of item statuses is disabled.
  • You click on Save.
    • The normal behaviour is now implemented and changes the status of the items to Lost.
    • The opportunity is saved with a header status of Lost and the items with a status of Lost.

Basically, I would like the automatic setting of item statuses to be put on hold until the opportunity is actually saved, only for the header status of Lost.

Does anyone know how to implement this functionality?

Thanks.

Stuart.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

You can go through below link for possible clue.

Rgds

Hari