Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty cache or old data

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, All -

Working on converting our BPC 7.5 templates to version 10 and I'm having a strange issue when trying to send data to the system.

Using the EPMLink formula, I am opening our converted templates in version 10.  When I enter some data and hit Save Data, I get a message box saying 'Empty cache or old data.  Click refresh to retrieve data.'  If I close the template, re-open using EPMLink, run the refresh workbook routine, key in some data and hit save data, I don't get that message.

NOTE: our input templates are still using the EvDRE formula.

Not sure why I have to manually run a refresh when the EPMLink formula is (I'm assuming) already doing that on open.

Some things things that I've tried already to fix this issue:

+ Delete cache sheet and re-expand workbook in EPM

+ Run the EvDRE migration tool

+ We have some custom VBA code running when the template is open and (as a way to rule those out), I commented those macros out and I still get the message.

It was my understanding that the EPMLink formula was the replacement for EvHOT and that it functions the same way.  So, I don't understand why I have to do another refresh. 

If I manually open the template outside of EPMLink, put in the parameters (dimension members), run the Expand workbook, key in some data and then hit save data, the message box appears.  If I perform the same steps but run the Refresh workbook after running the Expand, the data is sent.

So, it appears that I need to run the Refresh routine every time before sending data, which does not make sense.

Has anyone encountered this type of behavior in v10?

Other Information:

+ Office 2010

+ EPM Server version: 10.0 SP16

+ EPM Add-in version: 10.0 SP21 .NET 3.5; Build: 9094

Thanks,

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Can try to test this - create new EPM 10 template and add EPMLink function.

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S.

Options- > Sheet option ->Refresh -> Check "Refresh data in the whole file when it opening"

Shrikant

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Shrikant -

Thanks for the response.  Rather than create a new EPM 10 template, I modified one of my existing EvDRE templates and checked that option that says 'Refresh workbook on workbook open' and now when I open the template through the EPMLink formula, key in some data, and hit Save Data, I am no longer getting that message about 'Empty cache or old data.  Click refresh to retrieve data.'  So, it appears that I need to check this option in all my input templates, which seams odd because the EPMLink function should be calling the Refresh command on open.  I don't understand why I need to check this option to have my templates refresh on open.

I did notice another issue with my input template now that the above issue appears to have worked.  After checking that option and keying in some data, I hit the Save Data button and everything was sent to the system.  So, I closed the template and re-opened it again using EPMLink.  I went to the cell where I entered some data and I deleted the number and hit Save Data and again everything appears to have went into the system.  So, I closed the template and re-opened using EPMLink and to my surprise, the original input data that I had keyed in at the beginning came back from the system.  I've tried numerous things to try and clear this data input however it keeps coming back from the system.

After several attempts, the only way I could get the data to clear is if I open the template through EPMLink, manually hit the Refresh Workbook button, delete the entry, hit Save Data, close the template and re-open and now the data is gone.  If I key in another number that is not zero and hit Submit Data, the system will accept the new value without having to do another manual refresh.

So, it appears that in order for me to clear a data entry, I have to manually hit Refresh Workbook first, delete the entry in the cell and hit Save Data and that's when the data entry will be zero.

Why would I have to hit Refresh Workbook again when trying to clear a data entry on the schedule yet if I key in another number that is not zero, then the system will take it?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Carlo

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Which EPM Add in SP you are using ?

For me function is working as expected - SP 20

Shrikant

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Shrikant -

We are on the following version:

- BPC for Microsoft.

- Office 2010

- EPM Add-in version: 10.0 SP21 .NET 3.5; Build: 9094

Odd that it's working for you on SP20 yet I'm having difficulties on SP21.

Thanks,

Carlo

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Please try with the below workaround.

Run the Tcode SE38  and execute the below program to clear the cache

UJXO_CLEAN_CACHE

UJXO_CLEAN_DIM_CACHE

UJXO_CLEAN_TDH_DIM_CACHE

Run the program UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE.  provide the environment and make the selections as per below screenshot.

Restart the excel and launch it again.

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Dinesh -

Forgive me but I have never heard of "Tcode SE38" so I don't know how to access it nor do I know how to use it.

Could you please provide some more information for me as to how I can access this?

Please note: I forgot to mention in my original note that we are running BPC on Microsoft...not NetWeaver.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Carlo

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi carlo,

Sorry I am not aware of Microsoft version.below is for Netweaver

you have to login through sap logon backend

execute Tcode- SE38 it will open abap edior to run the programs.

Dinesh.V

carlo_tom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Dinesh -

Sorry for the oversight.  We are on the Microsoft platform for BPC and have no access to the NetWeaver version of the program so I cannot access the module that you are referring to above...unless there is a MS equivalent to the steps you provided above.

Please let me know if there is a MS version of the steps mentioned above.

Thanks,

Carlo