cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC Dispositioning with Auto_Split how to properly execute with PAPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently using SFCs with Quantity on a relaxed routing flow,

and have the requirement to Disposition / Scrap via a PAPI call.

If i log a NC from the POD, it actually works as it should,

the desired quantity gets split of the parent SFC, and depending on whether i rework or scrap the part the NC information,

Scrap information and Qty gets updated on the parent SFC.

I tried different ways to achieve this behavior with the PAPIs, but have some struggles with it,

below is the solution which gets closest to our requirement:

1. Calling mepapi:com:sap:me:nonconformance lognc

with following parameters:

• Site
  • ncCodeRef
  • operationID
  • defectCount
  • activity
  • sfcRef
  • qty

2. Calling mepapi:com:sap:me:nonconformance disposition

with following parameters

Site

operationID

stepId

dispositionGroupMemberRef

performAutoSplit: True

sfcRef

ncs: (Output of lognc PAPI)

In general this works, the part gets properly scrapped, but the parent SFC won't get updated with the appropriate Data.

1. The NC opened on the parentSFC gets cancelled and apparently get's transferred to the child, but we need the NC information on the Parent.
  2. Scrap Reports for the parent won't work, the Qty of the Parent SFC gets adjusted properly but the SCRAP Activity Code gets not logged on the Parent, oddly enough the Child SFC actually appears in the Activity Log with two SCRAP Activity Codes.

Does somebody have an idea on how i could AUTO_SPLIT and Scrap a qty of an SFC, with the according data beeing visible on the parent instead of the child SFC, or have an idea how the process ME triggers actually looks if i execute it from the POD?

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some more testing i actually have to revert my statement above.

Independent on how the Dispositioning happens, the NC and Scrap information is never transferred to the parent SFC. Although the Qty gets adjusted properly.

Two things are still unclear to me and seem like they shouldn't happen.

When i Disposition, AUTO_SPLIT and SCRAP and SFC, the child SFC displays in the activity log two identical (except for the timestamp) SCRAP activity codes. Why does this happen?

The second thing i noticed while working with mepapi:com:sap:me:nonconformance lognc

When i set the parameter partialSfcQtyAllowed: True and log a second NC on the SFC with defect Count 1, it throws an error and tells me that the qty (1) doesn't match the defectCountSum (2).

This is also a behavior i have only seen when working with the PAPI.

Could somebody please determine wether this is expected behavior?

Thanks,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eventually we stumbled across the reason of the two SCRAP Activity Codes being logged when executing Dispositioning. In Disposition Group Maintenance asides the Disposition Function SCRAP there was also the Activity Code SCRAP defined, which caused this behavior, removing the Activity Code solved the issue.

Christian

Answers (0)