cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personnel number for several employees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone i am new with sap. i need your help i have a question.

Suppose we have 10 active employees working with internal personnel number and we need to rehire them with external number. how we issue them new number and how can we transfer their old data to their new personnel number.

Thankx in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx to ALL for providing the solution.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go with Corriveau Suggestion, Solution approach varies with customer requirement.

Regards

Venkatesh

VKP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF they are not terminated employees, and if you want to hire using external numbers then you need to do configuration in PA04 with a number range for external and use feature NUMKR by assigning a different EG or ESG for these pernrs that you want to hire externally.

On how to transfer old data as Remi has mentioned when you execute the Hiring Action, then there will be a field "Reference Personnel Number" please look into this.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If these employees have been terminated, then they can be re-hired using the same personnel number .

If these employees must be hired with a different personnel number, then look into "Hiring with Reference Personnel Number" and IT0031.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your reply: will the old data be transfered automatically if i link the reference personnel number?? waiting for response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the old data will be copied from the reference personnel number to new personnel number

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you link PERNRs together through IT0031 during Hiring Action, some Infotypes should automatically be copied (IT0002, and probably IT0006).  Some others, such as IT0009, IT0022, or IT0105 may not, but you can control which Infotypes are copied through field CPRFN in table view V_T582A.