cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes to Financial Statement hierarchy- FSE3 impact on BW !!

former_member728473
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have just been informed in my project that changes have been done in FSE3 rearranging some of the accounts to other nodes and some new nodes created.  We have additionals systems linked like BW , BPC , BCS .

Can anyone help me understand the impact of this change in BW ?   like extractors , dataloads , cubes , reports which could be impacted or need to be changed .

Appreciate your inputs .

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

(just to be sure)

First check if loads of hierarchy 0glaccext works all right.

like this (below):

Regards, Leszek

former_member728473
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raman/Leslaw,

Thanks for your reply.

Raman,  Can you please exaplain a bit more on what you mean by manual or automation ?

Leslaw , 0GLACCEXT   - only the text data is loaded not the hierarchy . However  we load 0GLACCOUNT  - and its HIERARCHIES 0GL_ACCOUNT  has the hierachy  BCTE  which was changed in ECC -  FSE3 . This hiearchy is extracted every single day with out any issues.

Can you please tell me how i can find all the cubes and queries which will get affected ?

Thanks in advance .

Regards

Ram

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I dont know anything about BCTE hierarchy but if changes were done in finantial statement hierarchy it definitevely regards 0glaccext

Manual = just run package manually (picture)

Automation = by creating and startin a process chain (set eg. to start everyday at 00.01 am) .

My PC for 0glaccext looks like this (see picture).

Regards, Leszek

Starting manually:

Message was edited by: Lesław Piwowarski

former_member728473
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Leslaw,

What about any queries based on this hierarchy ? how to find  queries using this Hierachy or object ? Just worried if someone actually fixed the accounts and now they have been removed or changed .

Regards

Ram

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wouldn't search where the hierarchy is used. You can create your own querry to check the changes.

The simplest way to check if a hierarchy is updated is to contact with a person who updates it on ECC side and ask what was changed most recently. I you see the same changes on BW side you are sure updating is working all right.

Your hierarchy is updated manually or in process chains ?

Regards, Leszek

Message was edited by: Lesław Piwowarski

former_member728473
Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate all your help Leslaw !!

Regards

Ram

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very nice I could help you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Data flow won't be effected.

If you have hierarchy loads then those may disturbed.

How you maintained related hierarchies(financial statement) at bw side? by manual or automation?

if its automation then no issues.\

if its manual then at bw side also need to do the same changes(nodes) at hierarchy structure levels.

Thanks