Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Additional Dep. Code (GLO_JP_PTX_PRDCD) for Japan

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP guru,

Would you please help me out with your Asset accounting expertise?

I am looking to add Additional Depreciation code (GLOFAAASSETDATA-GLO_JP_PTX_PRDCD) in Networth Tax tab in Asset master. The issue faced is that even though I have completed all the following configuration, it does not appear in the Net worth tax tab.

• IMG: SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Activate Business Functions -> ENTERPRISE_BUSINESS_FUNCTIONS -> FIN_LOC_CI_2
  • Check which tab layout is assigned to the asset class via T-Code: AOLK, and Select correct tab layout and then assign group box ‘S0206’ to the desired tab page (e.g. Net Worth Tax) via T-Code: AOLA
  • Financial Accounting > Asset Accounting > Master data> Screen Layout > Activate Country Specific data - Actiavte GLO_S_JP_PROPT
  • Now the logic field group ‘206’ appears in asset master data screen layout by going to IMG: Asset Accounting -> Master Data -> Screen

Layout -> Define Screen Layout for Asset Master Data -> Define Screen Layout for Asset Master Data in the popup screen -> Check ‘logic

field group’ in respective screen layout, however, as attached, it only shows field group name "Net Worth tax RUS", not Additional Depreciation code

New depreciation Engine is not activated in this client, not sure if this is the reason why this Additional Depre code does not appear.

Would you please share your expertise as to why this field does not appear?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks George for your comment.

Ok, then the assignment of GLO_S_JP_PROPT in table GLOFAACNTRL. does not serve as the root cause of the issue. As a matter of fact, both AOLA with S0206  and AOLK with OTHERS were also done all along, yet the field does not yet appear.

The only difference is XXXX layout assigned was G1JP.

Do you reckon that this would have made a difference?

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Cheers

Taro

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you use AOLA to assign S0206 to layout 'G1JP', you have to ensure that layout G1JP has been assigned to transaction group 'OTHERS' of right asset class in AOLK.

Regards
George

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks George,

Yes, all you have advised me have been done, but still the issue is that the field does not appear added to the screen tab in AS01 transaction code.

What would you say could be the rootcause that could be for this issue?

Kind regards

Taro

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please upload screen shot for all of relevant customizing, e.g. AOLA, AOLK, Activation of country specific data, AS01, FIN_LOC_CI_2 activation and son.

Regards
George

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You said that 'New depreciation engine is not activated in this client', do you mean you don't activate business function EA-FIN in this client? If so, this is the reason.

Otherwise, you need to check the system behavior by creating a new asset and then go through AS02 menu: Environment -> Screen layout -> Master data -> select the layout -> double click on 'Logical field groups'-> select logical field group 206 -> double click 'field group rules' and see if field group GA is there.

Regards
George

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Thanks for your response.

Perhaps I am mistaken. EA-FIN is activated via SFW5 and that field group GA (Net worth Tax for Russia??) appears in the field group 206, but still not appearing the Net worth Tax tab in Asset Master data for Japan.

The field that I am concerned with is GLOFAAASSETDATA-GLO_JP_PTX_PRDCD. I also actiavated the country specific table - GLO_S_JP_PROPT (include as part of GLOFAAASSETDATA table) in IMG, which include GLO_JP_PTX_PRDCD field (Additional depreciation code).

Now I have come across the table - GLOFAACNTRL, which shows the assignment to field group and I can see that GLO_S_JP_PROPT  is not assigned to any of field group at all.

Would you help out what is missing here?

Kind regards

Taro

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taro

It's correct that the field name is displayed in layout field group as 'Net Worth Tax RUS'.

It is not a problem that field group is not assigned to GLO_S_JP_PROPT in table GLOFAACNTRL.

You need to check below 2 steps carefully:

1, if S0206 is assigned to tab layout XXXX correctly via T-cd:AOLA
2, Have you assigned tab layout XXXX to transaction group 'OTHERS' of relevant asset class via T-cd: AOLK

If all above have done correctly, then you need to create a new asset via AS01 to check if field 'Additional dep. Code' is displayed in tab 'Net Worth Tax' correctly.

Hope it's helpful for you.

Regards
George