Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bookmark override

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the problem if the end user create bookmarks for a report in production system and we transporting the same report from development system again in to production system, the bookmarks are override i mean are deleted.

Has somebody a solution this problem?

Best Regards

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

assuming you are using the standard bookmarks and not the fragments.

when you transport the app, the time stamp will be changed and all bookmarks are obsolete. Physicall the content is still there and you can access them by url - but the script Ali will not give you the list of those bookmarks any more.

refer to the documentation for obsole bookmarks.

in 1.4 you can use fragment but ok arms instead, those stay longer.

For example, refer to my blog on online composition app.

karol

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

Yes we use the standard bookmarks.

Thanks for the information. this mean that we should always use the export bookmark function an not this internal bookmark for the template

Is a solution planned that the bookmarks has a relation with the CUID and not with the time stamp for 1.5 or future version?

Best Regards

Gabriel Motor

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

are you using the predefined template? then I need to check what is coded there.

if you work on yourself, you should define a panel with the content, separated from the code in global functions and then save the panel as fragment bookmark.

for the question, there are no plans to make the standard bookmarks valid after changes in the app, there are plenty of reasons (eg. a bookmark is saving all scripts in app, so changes will in general be not reflected). the bookmark itself is bound to CUID always, but there is an extra filter on load of the list of bookmarks on timestamp.

Karol

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

we have create a new template, but the bookmark function we have cope 1:1 from the predefined template "KPI Details Template".

Gabriel