Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTR type

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently in ECC we have multiple order types for consignment process ( like consignment fill up, consignment return etc), Credit memo and debit memo ( like credit/debit memo std, credit/debit memo service), 3 rd party sales etc.

In the above cases how many OTR types we suggest since I feel one to one with ECC order types will create multiple OTR types. In case we club all consignment processes order type into one OTR type , how we can track in TM the various process flows for consignment in that case?

Similarly how about debit and credit memos in this case?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why do you want to create OTRs for Debit and credit memo?

Usually transportation relevant documents are designed to transfer from ECC to TM. "In the above cases how many OTR types ...."

There is no golden rule as such for this.

It all depends on various parameters and requirements.

It is NOT necessary to maintain a separate OTR type for each and every ECC SO type.

Some design may use different OTR types for different modes.

Some may use different OTR types for inbound, outbound and STOs.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

for 3rd party order scenario do you feel separate OTR type is required.

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Again, it depends.

But in my project, POs are planned based on requested quantities as all vendors are not able to confirm the quantity via EDI. But for sales orders we are planning based on confirmed quantities. Hence we used separate OTR types for PO scenarios.

There are two ways to approach this design. Start with different OTR types and later if possible combine these two into single one.  Else start with one OTR type and based on the design and requirement split it at a later stage.

For PO scenarios I would suggest to start with a different OTR type and then combine it at a later stage(if required)

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

A last clarification reqd.

Can you provide me the difference say for a scenario when we configure OTR and DTR based on planned and confirmed qtn.I feel in sales order/delivery  when we input the actual qtn then only OTR/DTR  is triggered on confirmed  qtn or else its consider based on planned?

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For Sales order scenario depending on the business needs we can use plan on confirmed  quantities if we have a proper ATP in place.

But in case of PO the confirmation of quantities from vendor may not be possible always. [Because of EDI connectivity and other issues] In those cases we can plan on requested quantities and the vendor is supposed to provide the material we ordered.

Answers (0)