cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM TRA Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a complicated issue related to the transportation and warehouse modules, and I tried everything standard but nothing works.

The issue as following:

1- PO created

2- Inbound delivery created with reference to PO

3- Shipment and shipment cost created with reference to inbound delivery

4- Transfer order should be created with reference to inbound delivery after creating batches "Batch Split" for each line exist in the inbound

Here is the problem I cannot change in the inbound delivery after shipment cost calculated and system issue this error message:

Change restricted shipment costs for shipment XXXXXXXX are settled
Message no. VW292

And according to the business case, the warehouse team doesn't know anything related to number of batches for each item in the packing list, they only know quantities without production date.

Even there's no way to batch split/change batch in the transfer order screen. "if there's no batch number defined for delivery line, an internal number allocated to the whole line's quantity by the system while TO creation without an option for splitting/Changing batch number"

And the transportation team should calculate shipment cost before GR to be included in the material cost and this also because they are paying to the supplier once goods arrived to the warehouse so they must calculate cost of shipment early "before putaway".

I already searched on SAP notes but I didn't find a valid sap note for that even the following sap notes 653425 / 518736 / 699241 are very old and cannot be implemented as they're included.

Any recommendations.  !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion the OSS note you found (653425) is likely the right one, even if it is old. The note says it is valid for release 4.7 and subsequent releases.

I checked in the system I work (ECC6.0) and the source code of the objects which are in the note (653425) refer to the modification of the note (653425).

In my opinion you should simply contact OSS and ask them about the implementation of it.

Additionally, the OSS note has two options, one of them is the source code modification through the implementation of the note, the other one is own development for which they provide a high-level guidance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba for your reply,

I tried to implement the mentioned sap note but system reject "sap not cannot be implemented",
I think this because it's included already in our release.

But what about user exist "V56L0001" second option which included in the mentioned sap note? As I know modification not recommended and what should I tell ABAPer to do regarding to my issue if we have case like this?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The OSS note is a modification of the standard, it cannot be included in your system release - if you check the note you can see there's no support package which includes it.

I also saw that it has the status "Cannot be implemented", that's why I suggest you should contact SAP OSS and ask for clarification.

Both options are modifications, so if you implement them you will have risk.

The developer should check the explanation in the note and also understand how the standard process and standard code work, then he/she will have a chance to do the proper coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is maintaining the batch codes in the PO so the correct batch codes populate in the inbound delivery an option? Perhaps the supplier can communicate the batch codes to you prior to inbound delivery creation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Jacob, they not maintain any batches in PO, and as I mentioned there's batch split for each item exist in the PO so they define batches in the inbound delivery.

And concerning to the supplier communication, he only sends a packing list which contains items and quantity without batches number or date of production and this the normal cycle for them, they cannot force suppliers to change this or send additional data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member

Dear experts your collaboration is very appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help experts