cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the user's permission

0 Kudos

hi everyone

I created a normal user, When I use this user to use sybase central login IQ database, it's may be view all  tables tree list and procedure tree list,

how to control the user may to to view tables tree list, but can not view  procedure tree list. 

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jong-kil_park
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear West,

I think procedure list in the object browser could be retrieved by querying from system table SYSPROCEDURE.

The permission to see the procedure list is different from the one of executing the procedures.

We can manage the normal database user's right against the IQ objects by executing GRANT command.

But, the owner of the most system tables including SYSPROCEDURE is SYS user ID which we cannot use in logging in to an IQ database.

So, As far as I know, it's difficult to implement the feature what you think.

If you want the normal users not to see the specific procedure definition, as you may know, you can hide it by executing below command.

ALTER PROCEDURE [ <owner>.]<procedure-name> SET HIDDEN

Best Regards

Jerry

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that there is no way to control the view of procedure or table tree in Sybase Central.

As you know IQ has following permissions.

permission:

ALL [ PRIVILEGES ]

| ALTER

| DELETE

| INSERT

| REFERENCES [ ( column-name [, …] ) ]

| SELECT [ ( column-name [, …] ) ]

| UPDATE [ ( column-name, … ) ]

You can see the details.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00801.1540/doc/html/san1281564919196...

===

Gi-Sung Jang