cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Approver modify Travel Expense Report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We need to ability for approvers to modify an employees Travel Expense Report prior t approval, especially with regards to cost assignment.

Is it possible to do this? The standard SAP system does not seem to allow this at the moment.

Cheers

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

assuming you do NOT use a workflow, but POWL instead, you could give the respective Authorizations via P_TRAVL and give your approvers the means to use the Travel Assistant Scenario with which they could then change the trip on behalf and then resend it.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Why is this only limited to POWL? Sorry but we are using Workflow, and I don't currently have any experience with POWL...

Cheers

Kevin

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

It's not necessarily limited to POWL, but in my opinion it will prove to be a lot messier with a workflow because with the approach I mentioned in my earlier post, it will go like this having a workflow:

• Traveler Creates a Travel Request and sends it for approval (status = 1-1, Event RequestCreated of BUS2089 is fired and any workflow listening to it via SWE2 will be executed).
  • The manager (supposedly) receives some kind of notification that there's a new request to be approved
  • The manager goes into the Travel Assistant scenario and goes into change mode of the respective travel request on behalf of the traveler, makes adjustments and sends it for approval again (status = 1-1, Event RequestCreated of BUS2089 is fired and any workflow listening to it via SWE2 will be executed once again). And that's where I assume things will become messy because you get another "round" of the workflow execution.

If that "extra round" is not a problem for you, then everything is fine. In our business process, though, we avoid any reoccurence of the event RequestCreated because in our business process, there would be a slight chance to face inconsistent data at some points. That's the reason why I outlined it would be cleaner with POWL, i.e. it might not prove to be a problem for you as it has for me.

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: P.S. Don't get me wrong, I encourage using Workflows over POWL whenever I can, because IMHO they're much more flexible and powerful

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

Answers (0)