cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the solution for the URL IView not being updated in Production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the URL for a certain iview in Quality system. In quality, everything seems to be fine. This iview was merged with the role and transported via transport package. The problem is that the changes are not reflecting in Production. There was a portal restart which happened yet changes are not yet reflecting.

Appreciate your help with this issue!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The changes in URL iView doesn't requires Portal restart.

Just check the role contains this iView – open role in editor and chose the iView inside it – click open and chose Properties.
look for URL and validate that it contains the new value.

Create transport package and add this role.

Export it from QA and import to the production.

I guess that previously exported transport package doesn’t include the changes you made to the URL iView.

BR,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for you reply!

I already did the points you have mentioned. As per checking in Quality system, the role required is also transported and the iview has the correct URL. The transported package has the correct details. The problem occurs when it is transported to Production as the changes are not reflected. It is still pointing to the old URL even when portal restart has not been implemented. It is just now that we experience the issue to this specific iview because before changes are reflected to Production without any issues.

Kat

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kat,

I am not sure if I have understood your question, have you used a URL iview or KM doc iview?

In case you have provided a link to the same portal, i.e. suppose you have provided the URL link in quality as http://Qualityhostname:portno/irj/portal/entrypoint and transported to production then it would still be directing to the same link in quality.

You need to just add the last characters after a '/', eg '/entrypoint' for it to pick the current portal URL(Quality or Production) with the entrypoint appended. For a KM doc iview, the same method is to be applied.

In case you are providing a link to an external website in the URL, just ensure you have the 'overwrite existing objects' ticked when you import the transport package in the production portal.

There is a possibility that the URL may have been modified by accessing it from within the role in the previous transport. When this happens, even if you have edited the URL in the main iview, it may not reflect correctly within the role.

Tip: Check the URL that the iview points to, in the production environment, by opening it directly from the role (after the transport).

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your input!

Yes, I am editing the URL iview and not KM doc iview.

Actually, when I tried transporting from D (Prototype System) to Quality System, there were no problems. The URL set in D reflected in Q. We would try again re-transporting from D to Q and Q to Production. We think that there is something wrong with this specific iview when transported into Production. I would also check the points you have mentioned. When we transport other objects, it overwrites all existing ones so it must reflect like previous transports.

Thanks again.

Kat

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kat,

Did it work? is your issue resolved now?

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I have again transported the package from prototype system to quality system and then to Production. I did not change any settings but now as per checking on Content Administration on Production, it is now pointing to the right URL. I already sent a mail for the user to confirm and retest from his end.

Thanks for your input, though!

Kat