cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can the actual dates for activities be updated after the complete GR processing of all the material components assigned to it.

Kindly provide your suggestions/views on it.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

What's the business rationale in changing the dates on activities after confirmation? I agree with other experts that these shouldn't be tinkered with unless you have a really genuine case to back it up..

Regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

What is the business scenario ?

Since actual date field will be editable after confirming the network activity.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil & Maria,

Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of the question as i did not simplify it . Actually my requirement is to maintain actual start date of a specified activity as the posting date for first GR of any of its matl component and similarly actual end date as the last GR of any of its matl comp.

Also,Is it possible/ feasible to do so.

Best Regards.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

I dont think this can be done with standard solution.

You can develop using milestone functions, maintaining two milestones for the activity, i am not sure about the solution, this is different an hunch.

Also try out using user exit.

Regards

Terence

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

data can be change as it is editable but let us know why you required to change actual data?

if you still want to change actual date of that activity then is that increase data or decrease date?

what i assume as your project is delaying so you want to changes actual data.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

@ Sammar & Sanjeev,

I dont want to make changes on existing actual dates . Even though the business functionality has no relevance for this requirement, and I as a consultant have made it clear to them so, (but still they want it as it was committed from our pre-sales team) .

The requirement is suppose Activity A has 4 material components assigned to it. The system should consider & maintain the actual start date of the activity of the 1st GRN posting date for any of these 4 matl comp. done. Similarly,actual end date will be when the last GRN posting date is done followed by automatic confirmation.

Selective activities will follow this which we can segregate out using say user fields or so., but the question is that is the above requirement possible?

B.R.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Though it is a very strange requirement it can be achieved using custom programs.

Question would be does your business wants it in real time? As in say for Activity A which is relevant for this check and has 10 Material Components and for one of the component the GR is done.. should at the time of GR the associated activity be updated??

for this you need to take help of your technical guy and MM consultant as he needs to do a modification for MIGO for such activities.. But it is possible..

Hope it helps

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sammar,

Am trying the same.& will update here if it worked as required,

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, 

Can you also please tell me the tables for dates. ( actual, basic n forecast ).

BR.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

For WBS it is a table PRTE, and for NWA it is a table AFVV.

Regards,

Paulo

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

yes you can change actual date for Activity even after confirmation. but this is not recommendable .

thanks

Sunil