cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Output Trigger on Status Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could you help in getting order outputs trigger when the status of the order changes?

We have outputs types configured for the order type to send idocs to a partner system (portal) that sends notification to users (for that account) based on status change.

The outputs are triggered ok on order creation and order change through VA02.

However, the outputs dont trigger on the following cases

- Order is released for credit

- Shipment is created

- Shipment is PGI-ed

- Invoice is created

These changes are not happening through va02.

Has anybody achieved this? Is this achievable through configuration or ABAP? Can you give me the details please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Salai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salai,

I assume this is a standard SAP functionality. Let me explain you, when you said it does not send notification when shipment, PGI and invoice happens. The order status is completed once the delivery is generated and hence all the subsequent changes happen would not impact in sales order.

You need to do customization. May I know how does your output differ when sending notification of sales order, shipment, invoice?

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh, Sharan,

Thanks for your response.

In the order output (idoc) we are sending the order status.

When the delivery is created or the invoice is created, the order status changes. But the order output does not trigger. So, the order information is not sent to our customer portal system, and the order statuses are not shown correctly to the user. Besides, when the updated order information is sent to the customer portal databases, there are alerts that are generated. This functionality is also impacted.

So, we need the order output to trigger every time the order status changes. Which happens when a delivery is PGI'd and when an invoice is generated.

We tried to look into VBUK/VBUP tables. But there is no time stamp. So we are not able to determine which orders to send updates for.

We also checked CDHDR and CDPOS. But the VBUK table changes are not logged there.

We are looking complicated ABAP work on this. But if that what it takes, we'll do that I guess

Regards,

Salai.

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Salai,

can you provide a solution for this issue? I am facing something similar.

Best Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

We could not achieve this through configuration or customization. Ultimately, we send the delivery documents idoc to the customer portal and have the portal update the order status on their database, based on the delivery document.

We considered adding code to the output type condition of the delivery document to create an output in the order, but did not pursue that.

Salai.

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The question is ambiguous, didn't understand the relevance of triggering output from Sales Order while there is a change in Delivery status and Invoice creation.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Sharan

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

It cannot be done through Configuration, You need to put a code using Output routines

you should check the sales order status from VBUK/VBUP and write the code to trigger the output whenever the status is triggered

One clarification needed in terms of SHIPMENT , PGI and Invoice ?

why are you triggered output from sales order when we have functionality to trigger from Delivery, and Billing ?

thanks

santosh