cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany/Intracompany elimination

former_member243837
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to do intercompany elimination (by Entity/Interco), Intracompany elimination ( Profitcenter/Partner PC) with in one model.

Is both kind of elimination can be performed in one BPC  model?

Only ENTITY is has role of 'E' and profit center is user defined dimention only

Appreciate your input.

Where can I find this kind of matrix consolidation information?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC Lover,

Just wait for a few months. A matrix consolidation function should be there in a couple of months. That should help you out.

If you don't have time to wait, try to be creative with the Legal Elimination Rules. I have implemented some rules without the need of a PC Partner dimension and still being able to setup a matrix elimination. But I my case I had only a few BusinessUnits to deal with and that is also the first contrain.

To get it done, I used Entity Property Filter and used the Dimension Filter in the Elimination Rules and to get it all done, I created in the dimension Entity for each BusinessUnit a property for the cases where some Entities do not have business in a Business Unit and assuming that if sales is made to another Entity with multiple BusinessUnit activities, the sales will be consumed in the same BusinessUnit. This assumption is than the second contrain.

So it may not match your case.

But if you have a dimension PC Partner and not to many PC Members, you should be able to overcome my second assumption by using PC and PC Partner in the Dimension Filter of the Elimination Rule.

Altogether somewhat criptic but if you are a real BPC Lover, you challenge yourself by playing around with the Legal Elimination Rules.

Have fun!

Johan