cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Detailed Navigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP Portal 7.3, I want to hide the detailed navigation in one of the pages.

We have created a custom framework page and custom layout. The page where I want to hide detailed navigation is using 1column full width layout and not our custom one. I have already set the property 'Initial state of Navigation Panel' as always close and Invisible in Navigation areas as checked.

Also I have hidden the detailed navigation iView from custom framework page. Still the detailed navigation panel is visible in the page.

Please advice.

Regards,

Saumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saumya,

I don't think a new custom franework page without the detailed navigation iview is the way to go for you, because you wrote, you only want to hide the navigation for ONE page. If you change the framework, it will be hidden for ALL.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for the response, I know removing the iView from the framework page isnt the best option. However setting the Initial state of navigation panel  as always close and invisible in navigation area properties isnt helping. Thus thought of hiding the iView itself, but that isnt working too. Please suggest.

Regards,

Saumya

0 Kudos

Hi Saumya,

Make sure your custom framework is indeed the one which was loaded in the rule collection as what you describe sounds very unlikely.

If you removed the DTN iView from the framework page it should not be available at all, it would have caused an error at least.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Thanks for your reply on the post.

I have checked the framework page assignment to rule collection and it is correct. I even removed the framework page from rule and reassigned it but still the same result.

Is this issue coming because of the 1 column layout I am using for this page.

Regards,

Saumya