cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation & Sales Order Process while referring materail:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The process is for MTO. The Enduser does a QT for a materail X based on the Inquiry. But the problem is while doing Sales Order the material Number changes, since after after receiving the PO from the Customer it goes to Design Dept. for confirmation & only after that a material is created.

Now my query is after the  QT is done & if i take the reference while doing sales order it copies the material number of QT which i don't want. I need the material number which will be defined  by Design Dept.

Need your inputs on how to map this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod,

In general, it is not possible to change the material in standard, if it is created with reference. Material field will be greyed out. If you still wish to change material, then you have two options.

1. Either don't copy the material to sales order when creating with reference to quotation by customizing your own copy routine. Then enter the new material.

2. Or you can open the Material field for input by "screen-input = 1" in "userexit_field_modification" in MV45AFZZ program. Then change material as per your requirement.

I hope this information will help.

Regards,

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Thanks for your reply, If i don't refer the QT, then when i see the list of  open  QT, this  will be open. correct me if i m wrong.

The 2nd options i didn't get .. can u brief a bit.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Explore the Material Determination functionality.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin, could you please elaborate your proposal?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganeshan.

I have explored a bit the material substitution but that is not a solution for the above due to several time-related business reasons: the substitution material is not known at the time of SO creation, sometimes engineering decides to phase-out one material also after the SO was created and so on.

So the simple functionality expected is: the ability to change a material code in a SO created with reference to a Quotation sometimes after SO creation with or without ABAP, (preferably without ).

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw, is there any possibility to determine (or re-determine) material substitution not only at SO creation but later on? In my test I have used Substitution reason 0005(OVRQ), Manual.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

Hmm.  You create a quotation for one material, and then you want the sales document to magically know 'somehow' that what you REALLY mean is that the quote should be for a different material?

How about you go back into the original quote; and change it to reflect reality; that the quotation should in fact be for the material that was defined by the Design department to satisfy the customer inquiry?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thanks for your reply. u mean to say when the design dept create the material, i need to replace the material ( i.e X Vs Y) in QT is that what u mean to say?.. But this QT has already been sent to the customer &  once the client receives the PO then only they start the order processing based on the material created by Design Dept.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

Let me see if I understand your proposed business process.  You create a quotation for material.  You send the quotation for the material to the customer.  Customer accepts the quote and sends a PO for that material, referencing the quote.  Your design department creates a new material.  You want the Sales order to reflect the new material. Presumably you ship this new material to the customer in response to his PO/your SO.  OK so far?

Don't you think the customer is going to have a problem with getting a quote for one material, sending a po for that material, and then actually getting a different material when the shipment arrives?  In my company, if we sent such an RFQ; received a quote; sent a PO, and then received such a shipment from your company, the shipment wouldn't even make it past the first QA clerk in the receiving department before the entire shipment would be rejected and returned to you; for shipping the wrong material.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply DB,

You are right, b'cos i had tired this is the DEV system, the moment i take a reference of quote the same items gets reflected in SO as this is STD. in SAP.

but is there any way how to do this. Any suggestion pl.

Thanks