cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reconciliation Foreign Currency Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We run FF67 and FEBAN to transfer all the cleared items from incoming/outgoing bank account to the main bank account.

The process is fine with the local currency bank accounts. However, when we run the above process for the foreign currency bank account, the system transfer the items in foreign currency correctly but create a realised gain/loss in company code currency (when we click display other currency).

Since we would only transferring the item from one account to another, we would not like the system to create any realised gain/loss. Just wondering if we can configure the system not to post any realised gain/loss when we run the process.

Thanks.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand your question correctly, you would not like to post Forex realised gain/loss whenever bank to bank transfer posting are uploaded by bank statement processing, correct?

I could think of at least 2 possible approaches.

1.  The approach which enlist the standard configuration only: You could use a separate open item clearing account only for this bank to bank transfer (both Payment and Bank statement) and by OBA1 configuration, you point the realised gain/loss account determination to Balance sheet (i.e. Clearing account adjustment account), so though the system will insert an additional line based on the difference of Exchange rate, the net effect is correct.

2. Alternatively, implement User exit or BTE (probably event 1120) to manipulate FB05 posting only in the case where bank to bank transfer document is concerned,  to use the same Exchange rate as the original document that is being cleared.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Taro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

any you have knowledge in defective management  SRN issues tracking reports generation in sap

hopes help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.