Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing on Configurable Products

alexander_eden
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if the price of a configurable product can be calculated based upon the BOM item prices... even though I turn off the BOM explosion.

Let me explain the scenario...

Background:

My company is having an eCommerce solution built on top of WCEM (Webchannel Experience Management) where we sell both "stand alone items" as well as configurable products (as a sales support tool to create the BOM - which then ends up with the items that also could be ordered as stand alone items). In other words - the configurable products is only "another way" of creating the cart.

Now - this scenario works perfectly fine, meaning that if have the following two products:

Product A = 100 USD

Product B = 200 USD

I will get the total price of 300 USD, regardless if I put these 2 products into the cart directly:

Product A - 100 USD

Product B - 200 USD

or... if I configure a configurable product - which BOM explosion result in the same 2 products:

Configurable Product X

Product A (BOM Item) - 100 USD

Product B (BOM Item) - 200 USD

Now - due to some specific setup on the SAP ECC side which is a bit hard to explain in a short way I don't want the configurable product to explode... in the cart - but I still want the pricing to be calculated in the same way as IF the configurable product did explode.

So - in the example above I would like to do my configuration of Product X and see the price 300... but I don't want it to explode in the cart / sales order which is replicated to ECC.

Is this possible without using any "variant conditions"?

We are currently maintaining customer material unique prices... And... we would actually want to re-use the exactly same priceconditions as we have maintained for the products if they were ordered as stand alone products.

BR / Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

It's been quite some time since I worked with configurable products but I vaguely remember that it's possible to flag BOM components as non-sales-relevant in which case they do not show up in the sales order. Maybe that's worth a try?