cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A-Office Power Point - SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to leverage the Power Point capabilities in Analysis Office but we are facing issues with Single Sign On. In our company, SSO is setup based on the user id and there is no need to input passwords in any applications. In the case of A-Office, the user goes into the Portal, he gets redirected to BI Launch Pad and then into A-Office Excel. However, if the user tries to create a slide from A-Office Excel, he will be prompted with a login screen. Does anyone know if there is any way to overcome this issue?

In Analysis Office 2.0 this gets even worst because the button create slide is not there so the user would have to have an AO PPT session opened before attempting to paste the content.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Eva Duarte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eva Duarte,

in 2.0 Create slide option was removed, instead Smart Copy and Smart paste options are introduced

and for your issue about login screen, solved with  below note,

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2132263

hope this info helps 🙂

Thank You

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, in 2.0 the Create Slide button has been removed. The note you sent is interesting but it seems to apply to HANA scenarios only. Our scenario is BIPlatform on top of BW, does the note apply to this scenario as well?

Also, we are not in AO 2.0 yet and we don't know when we are going to be. Is there any solution for the SSO issue in 1.4 version?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eva

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eva Duarte,

i just checked with 1.4 SP11 with BW SSO in BIP Platform 4.1 SP5. it worked for me.

i opened AO workbook from BI launch pad and used create slide option, it did not asked for me any bw system credentials

which patch are u using ?

can you check with 1.4 SP11

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

We are on 1.4 SP9 BI Platform 4.1 SP2. Unfortunately I am not able to install SP11 due to restrictions on admin rights in my laptop. Do you know if this is something that has been fixed in AO SP10 or SP11 or is this a setting related to the platform service pack?

We also have installed 2.0.2 in a sandbox and I tried to create a new power point but again I am prompted with user name and password. The note you sent me seems to apply only to HANA scenarios correct? We are on BW only.

Thanks for your help.

Eva

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eva Duarte,

i tried just now with 2.0 SP2 as well and its working correct for me

it did not asked me any logon dialog.

Could you try, manually inserting data source and check did it asked logon dialog ?

if yes, something wrong with SSO configuration

Subhash