cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Planning LO Extractors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question on the Production Planning LO Extractors 2LIS_04_P_ARBPL & 2LIS_04_P_MATNR.
Years ago, we filled the setup tables on these for our 6 plants and filled them by plant.
We are in the planning stage to bring on a new plant so I feel I need to run the programs
to fill the setup tables for the new plant. I am thinking:
1. Delete setup tables for application 04
2. Fill setup tables for new plant for both extractors (RMCFNEUD & RMCFNEUA)

I am hoping after I fill the setup tables with the new plant, and start the LIS-BW_VB_APPLICATION_04_200 job on
ECC, the data for the new plant will start flowing through into BW and there will be no need to re INIT the data load
(which would be a nightmare) and both the new plant and existing plants would load.

Any issues with this thinking?  Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies, but let me make sure.

I filled the setup tables by plant, then did an INIT with no plant filter.

So the way I understand is I still have to fill the setup tables with the new plant, and then the new plant data will start flowing through with my existing Delta InfoPackage?  Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

INIT with no plant Filter? mean you ran init info pack without filters now?

New plant data won't be loaded thru delta loads from set up tables.

Delta loads will load new plant data now onwards only. Historic data won't be loaded.

As of now how your data source have delta pointer?

Have init selections on plant?

If no init selections on plant then leave about delta pointer.

fill set up tables and load setup tables data into PSA thru repoarif full request info pack(info pack use selections on Plant - Newplant value only)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly what I need, data for new plant only going forward.  Thanks,

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're thinking wrong here.

For the "first" init, you do indeed need to fill the setup tables. If all your plants (that existed at that time) were uploaded in the setup tables and you ran an init without selections afterwards, all data for newly created plants will be captured with the delta.

Of course if your plant already existed before, but you failed to upload it in the setup tables and then ran an init, this won't be captured with the delta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying.

This is a new plant that will be in ECC in the coming months; not existing when I originally did the setup tables.  Once the new plant is online, please confirm that I need to go through the setup steps again and delete the setup tables, then only fill the setup tables with the new plant.  Then that plant will start coming across with the already existing delta load and will be picked up with the ECC job LIS-BW-VB_APPLICATION_04_200?

Thanks for the help.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your old init info pack had no selections on plant then delta load will brings new plant data as well once it online.

if init info pack had selections on plant then need to do the reinit now.

Once new plant is online, delta loads will bring new plant data as well.

Filling setup tables activity may not be required. Because your new plant not yet online. mean no old transactions.

Can you check your init infopack selections?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay great point on the old transactions.  So if no old transactions and my LO job on ECC runs and no plant filter in InfoPackage, I should be okay with new plant data flowing into BW?  Thanks

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case you don't need to do anything (so DON'T fill the setup tables again and DON'T do a new init again), as I already wrote two times before

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deleting and refill setup tables is mandatory.

Major point already shared by Raf.

Once you fill the set up tables for new plant, you can load setup tables data to PSA thru repair full request and keep selection on plant.

If there is no init selections on plant then nothing is required to follow up from there.

Every thing will be taken care by your delta loads.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have restricted your init load with the initial 6 plants, then you'll need to do a new init for the new plant only - the deltas afterwards will "combine" these selections and update all plants

if you haven't restricted your init load on plant, data should come in automatically (without any action on your part)

filling the setup tables without doing a new init/full repair doesn't make sense as that data won't be used at all (unless you do a new init/full repair)