cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CPS Export/Import from PRD to DEV and other systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had implemented SAP CPS in NW 7.x in Production system. There are about 4000 jobs(Both ABAP and PCs) currently running in CPS. What would be the recommended approach if we wanted to implement CPS on rest of the systems in the landscape.  I am aware that its possible with promotion, but my questions are...

1. Where do CPS repository located in the system if we want to take backup(Assuming this is the place where all CPS data resides, else please mention which one) of this before export.

2. When we export we get job definitions, PCS and rest of the objected created in the source system, while doing import where do we need to change the SID(Target), Client name etc. Once the import is completed do we see all the objects prefixed with Target SID?

3. Do we have to change the Job Definitions, Schedules, Time Windows etc all that we created for source system(PRD) after importing into target system (QAS)

4. If we have to create schedules, time windows etc it may take very long time when the jobs are in thousands.  Is there any other possibility?

5. Do we also have to create Queues after import or whats the effect on Queues after importing?

6. What are the major precautions/challenges that has to be considered when doing this activity to get everything in place.

Please share your views ASAP.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ventak,

I am also struggling with my customer in Brazil in order to transport more than 2K jobs configuration from DEV to PRD environment. In my case, customer has implemented CPS in project/dev environment and now realized that CPS Free/OEM license version does not allow us to import/export configuration between systems.

So I was wondering if there is no safer and faster way to make this copy rather going for a massive manual entry in PRD.

Unfortunately, customer is not interested in any other of feature brought by CPS Enterprise license version, and import/export capability is required just temporarily once we'll go live in July.

Looking forward to have some clue from our colleagues that may faced this before.

Kind Regards,

Mario