cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make portal open from any network

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

now we are accessing our ess mss portal from only office network i.,e intranet ...but how can it be open from home also ... i.,e thru internet , like data cards ..becoz client business people needs to open that portal from data cards and apply leave ...view their information...so kindly suggest ..how to set this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

What you are looking for is an external facing portal. Refer to the below link:

http://scn.sap.com/message/15467129

Note: It is not that simple you will need some network/basis guy for the process.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is what i am looking thank you very much for ur help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to do following activities.

NETWORK TEAM:

a. get a domain name that will ask as your portal FQDN name from internet like google.com, yahoo.com e.g. MYportal.customer.com

b. Internal organization Domain needs to be configured. so that when users access the portal from inside the Intranet, requests are treated as internal , and when they access from internet, requests are treated as external.

b. open the relevant ports so that external requests can access web dispatcher. Also dispatcher can access portal and ABAP systems.

BASIS TEAM

a. You need a web dispatcher to be configured that connects to your sap portal.e.g. SAP web dispatcher

b. Internal and External firewall configurations.

c. reverse proxy can also work as web dispatcher like Apache, Bluecoat

d. write 4 golden redirection rules in webdispatcher to redirect /webdynpro, /sap and /irj requests

PORTAL:

In your system objects that you have created in System Landscape,  you need to change the entries of WEBAS. Instead of writing ECC (or any other backend system) URL,  you have to write the URL of the web dispatcher. this is so that redirection can be done by dispatcher.

The portal don't call back-end directly in internet scenario. it calls it through dispatcher.

OPTIONAL:

HTTPS is highly recommended for security.

Hope this helps and please do more research.

ANkur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this sounds more like a "do it via VPN" case to me. Get VPN set up for those users, who want to access the company network (and through that the portal) and you have, what you want. But this is also a job for the network and security team.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no steffi they dont have VPN , so we need EFP for this and below link helps me lot ..thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jun Wu,

Actually in my project, they are configuring with HTTPS.when i asked basis team,why they are configuring with HTTPS, The answer is not concrete but same as jawla requirement.

If u can let us know why HTTPS should be configured to Portals.that would be great learning for me

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https is usually for high security.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not your job, basis and network engineer should work on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok but they too donno how to do that they asked me ..what shud they do ...any suggestion on this ....my client is new to sap ...that's the reason i posted here

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jawala,

Actually the portal urls will be configured with HTTP so they would be open only in client network place.

so basis team have to configure with HTTPS to satisfy your requirement.

How they configure ? No Idea ?

this should be a internal project in your project

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https is not the prerequisite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya but sales people and some other managers will open portal from outside ..like data cards or homes