cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact with BI Launchpad from .NET

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm working with a client who is upgrading from XI 3.1 to BIP 4.1 SP5.  In 3.1 they used the .NET version of InfoView and did some customizations to put a bar of buttons across the top instead of the standard InfoView header.  This menu bar includes buttons for things like Home, Documents, "All Universes" (which goes to the universe list in the "new webi" workflow), Preferences, and Logout, along with a series of buttons that go to other applications.

With the upgrade to 4.1, we're planning on putting BI Launchpad in an iframe on an aspx page instead of rewriting it for .NET.  They will log in through a .NET page (they're using 2-factor authentication, part of which is actually logging in to BO) which will then call custom.jsp to log the user into BI Launchpad.  I'm curious whether there's a way to have some of these buttons, which will be external to BI Launchpad, interact with BI Launchpad to show specific screens.  I have told my client that I doubt this can be done, but I'm checking with you guys just to be sure.

Thanks!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I can't think of any supported way that this could be done.  It was much easier in XI3.1.

the closest I can think of is to have a bi workspace as your home page and configure that to have tabs hosting the content you want, though I'm not sure all of the desired "buttons" would work as a tab in the workspaces.

Dan

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dan.  That's what I figured the answer was going to be.

-Dell

Answers (0)