cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  i am new to webdynpro  and created a sample webdynpro application, but when i try to execute it i am getting the following error :

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

the full description of the error is :

The following error text was processed in the system EC6 : Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

The error occurred on the application server  and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: IF_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER~CONTEXT_MENU_CALLED of program CL_WDR_INTERNAL_WINDOW_ADAPTERCP

Method: IF_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER~CONTEXT_MENU_CALLED of program CL_WDR_INTERNAL_WINDOW_ADAPTERCP

Method: IF_WDR_ADAPTER_EVENT_HANDLER~HANDLE_EVENT of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER===CP

Method: IF_WDR_CLIENT~GET_CLIENT_UPDATES of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=============CP

Method: EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

What can I do?

If the termination type was RABAX_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination in the system EC6 in transaction ST22.

If the termination type was ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination on the application server visuinfobi_EC6_24 in transaction SM21.

If the termination type was ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can search for more information in the trace file for the work process 0 in transaction ST11 on the application server visuinfobi_EC6_24 . In some situations, you may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Error code: ICF-IE-http -c: 800 -u: SAPUSER -l: E -s: EC6 -i: visuinfobi_EC6_24 -w: 0 -d: 20150421 -t: 220051 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193724
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Please check your hook methods, you might have used some object which is not declared. Thats the reason its giving you a NULL reference error.

Also please give the details of the WDA which you have created to give a clear idea.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks the issue got resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhakar can you please tell me how did you resolve that issue. I am getting same. I am learning Web Dyna and I am getting this issue. On my page I just have header container nothing else but still I am getting this error. Please advise.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

There is a null reference in your program. Please share the st22 , probably then we can suggest something.

REgards,

Tashi