cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of SPL Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to expand the number of days an SPL Log is kept from 3 days to 45 days.  We believe we have done the necessary configuration and created a user variant in program RSXMILOGREORG with the number of days set to 45.

It is our understanding that SAP Program RSXMILOGREORG  is the one that does the deletion.   However I see that it only deletes entries in table TXMILOGRAW in function module SXMI_LOG_REORG. 

Nonetheless, I see no relationship between the entries in that table and the log availability I see in t-code /SAPSLL/SPL_UL02.

So my questions are this:

1) What SAP program determines what logs are kept as seen in /SAPSLL/SPL_U02?

2) What is the purpose of table TXMILOGRAW?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

You could use T-code : SLG2 to delete application log.

Before doing that you may want to checking application log in SLG1 to make sure.

Best regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vincent,

This is not what I am looking for.  What I am looking for is the process that runs automatically, presumably a background job that deletes Sanctioned Party List logs that are older than x days.  7 days seems to be the default.

Wardell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

Just a quick questions, have you tried to achieve the required through Archive Administration area for SPL , which you can directly access through GTS Cockpit-->System Administration :Archiving-->Sanctioned Party List Screening and select logs to do the required.

Thanks & Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aman,

I couldn't find SPL Screening under the Archiving screen.  However that's not my problem.  Somehow, something, is automatically deleting these logs after 7 days.  We want to change that to 45 days instead of 7.  What I am trying to identify is how, where, what, this automatic process is.   Is it a batch job? If so, what is the job name?

Wardell

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

Could you checking if you have define log to keep only for 7 days in SPRO:

Global Trade Services->General Settings->Define Control Profile for Logging

Global Trade Services->General Settings->Assign Control Profile for Logging

Best regards,

Vincent

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wardell,

First of all, SPL screening can be done for different "objects":

- Business Partners such as customers, vendors, etc...

- Documents such as Sales Orders, Purchase orders, etc..

Which one of the above objects is the one for which the logs are getting deleted ?

From your post, you said that the issue is with the SPL screening logs. So I am guessing that you are not talking here about the logs of BPs/documents trasnsfer from ECC to GTS and the logs of the SPL XML files uploads.

Do you have any background job that runs regularly to re-screen BPs or documents ?

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

To be clearer, I am specifically looking at the SPL Log of uploaded XML files in transaction /SAPSLL/SPL_UL02.

In that transaction there is a column titled "Log".  Each file upload has a paper looking icon under the "Log" column.   If I click on that icon for any file upload older than 7 days, the log no longer exists.  I want to extend the time a file log is kept from 7 days to 45 days.

Sorry not for being clearer sooner.

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wardell,

Thanks for clarifying your issue, it will help to pin point the source of your issue.

I had a look at a GTS system and I was able to display logs of uploaded SPL files which were loaded many years ago... In the same system, table TXMILOGRAW is empty (frankly, never heard of this table and not sure it is used in GTS..)...

I had a look at the profiles for log control but couldn't find any profile related to SPL files upload.

I had a look at the program that uploads SPL files but couldn't find any hint at the residene time of the upload logs.

Could you please have a look at table BALHDR (Logs header data), get a recent entry for object = '/SAPSLL/TSPL' and sub-object = '/SAPSLL/TSPL_UPLOAD' and check what is the expiry date of the log (field ALDATE_DEL) and the Keep log until expiry (field DEL_BEFORE).

Depending on what you get from table BALHDR, I will try to continue helping you.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find the details answer about your Question 2:-

TXMILOGRAW is a standard SAP Table available within R/3 SAP systems .When you use external job scheduling tools, XMI log entries are written to table TXMILOGRAW. The system may write a very large number of log entries, even if the audit level is set to 0. You must therefore reorganize the TXMILOGRAW table manually on a regular basis. To prevent table TXMILOGRAW from becoming too big, you should regularly schedule the Program RSXMILOGREORG as a reorganization job. The interval of the job schedule depends on how fast the table size increases. SAP recommends that you schedule the job on a weekly basis.

Regards, < Ashish>