cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which device type is to be used to print a pdf spool type directly on frontend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem we're facing is to be able to print a PDF spool through frontend printing.

When we try to print a PDF spool directly to frontend from transaction FIWTIT_CU, the PDF spool is correctly created and we can see it in SP01 as PDF spool type, but the concurrent output is a list of ASCII chars, similar to the one you get when you use the wrong driver.

The preview on SP01 works fine and, as a workaround, we can actually print the PDF throught the print option on the preview, but, of course,

it's quite time expensive.

Searching on SCN and sapnotes we found out that we cannot use SAPWIN/SWIN device type, but a PCL, PS or ZPL device type.

We tryed PDF1, POST2 and XFP with no luck.

Does anybody knows which device type can we use?

Should we use report RSPO0022 to check the device type we can use and just try them 'till we find the right one?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think my blog will be helpful to you -

Have you verified the printer you are sending it to supports known printer languages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

This is a possibility I din't think about, I'll check the printer configuration and let you know.

Stefano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

With device type PDF1, you probably need to install SAPPDFPRINT into the Frontend windows PC.

See SAP note 1444342 about installing SAPPDFPRINT. If you don't have SAPDPFPRINT installed the file is printed as RAW. You should install SAPPDFPRINT. SAPPDFPRINT installs its own set of fonts and might also use the Windows Fonts.

Regards,
Aidan