Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource scheduling in maintenance order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Here is my requirement:

1. We have 1 one work center and 2 technicians assigned to the the same. We have maintained the time schedule of technicians in HR info type.

2. We create a maintenance order and in operations tab, we say 4 hours of work.

Requirements:

1. System should do automatic scheduling and assign the technician who ever is free in that time and at the same time the technician data has to be updated in the maintenance order as person responsible or some where else.

2. In another case, when I do the capacity levelling using CM30 and assign the technician manually (drag n drop), the operation has to be dispatched and the technician data has to be updated in the maintenance order as person responsible or some where else.

The reason I am asking technician update in the maintenance order is to generate the report, how many orders did a technician attend.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Smart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

If your requirement is to 'identify the number of orders a technician attended' then what you are trying to do will only reflect the number of orders assigned to the technician by updating technician details in the order - it will not show you the actual number of orders he attended or worked on.

If you want to see the actual number of orders attended and worked on by the technician then you should be looking at the confirmations done against the order operations as this will reflect the actual work undertaken by the technician. This information is available to you through Display Confirmations transaction code IW47 - enter the technicians user id in the Entered By field and execute. You can also narrow the search down by specifying a date range as well as using a personnel number to search on confirmations.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Khayyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khayyam,

Thanks for reply.

What about automatic scheduling and assigning technician and updating person responsible in order

Regards,

Smart

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Smart,

I could be wrong but I think what you are trying to achieve i.e. automatic scheduling and assigning a technician to each operation based on their availability will not be very straight forward. I'm sure it will be feasible but through some complex developments.

How do you plan to keep track of technicians availability? Once a technician is assigned work then his availability information needs to be updated to block this capacity out. If you have all this information then you can have some developments in place which can auto schedule and assign technician to an operation.

MRS (Multi Resource Scheduling) is a good bolt on to SAP PM for scheduling, if the HR side of things for the technician are kept up to date you can schedule work to technicians without a problem. But from my experience the work was manually assigned to technicians by the scheduler, who had good visibility on the technicians availability through HR and PM information displayed on the MRS planning board.

Regards,

Khayyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khayyam

You got it right. After assigning the technicians from which tables I can find his availability information?

Regards,

smart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please reply. After assigning the technicians from which tables I can find his availability information?

Regards,

Smart

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.. Bora ,

AS per my view it seems to be possible with User Exit.

at the time of scheduling you have to assign user exit , please take help of your ABAP developer, explain the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

marc_marco
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smart,

Please review this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/910866

Regards,

Ziv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ziv,

Thanks for reply. My requirement is automatic assignment of technician for the order based on the availability and then also update in the order.

Hi Gurus,

Please respond. This is very urgent.

Regards,

Smart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please read my question it has 2 requirements.

Please respond.

Regards,

Smart