cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRviewer do not show anything when click button to show report with VS2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all I must say, My English language skill is not good but I'll try to communicate as best as possible.

I am using Visual Studio 2013Ultimate with Update4  on .NetFramework 4.5.1  and Crystal Reports SP13.0.13.1597

When installed complete. ( Previously i have tried it with my project but CR & CRviewer not working)

I have tried using CRviewer in a new asp.net page  The following code

***-----WebFrom1.aspx-----***

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<asp:RadioButton ID="rdoByAll" runat="server" Text="all" GroupName="rdoChoose" AutoPostBack="True" />

FromDate :

<asp:TextBox ID="txtDateFrom1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"></asp:TextBox> 

ToDate :

<asp:TextBox ID="txtDateTo1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:Button ID="btnCallReport1" runat="server" Text="CallReport" />

<br />

<br />

<asp:RadioButton ID="rdoByName" runat="server" Text="ByName" GroupName="rdoChoose" AutoPostBack="True" />

FromDate :       

<asp:TextBox ID="txtDateFrom2" runat="server" Height="16px" Width="150px" AutoPostBack="True"></asp:TextBox>

ToDate :

<asp:TextBox ID="txtDateTo2" runat="server" Height="16px" Width="150px" AutoPostBack="True"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:Button ID="btnCallReport2" runat="server" Text="CallReport" />

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlNamelist" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">

</asp:DropDownList>

<br />

<br />

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="True" ToolPanelView="None" />

<br />

</div>

</form>

</body>

***-----WebFrom1.aspx.vb-----***

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

Imports CrystalDecisions.Web

Public Class WebForm1

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

End Sub

Protected Sub rdoByAll_CheckedChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles rdoByAll.CheckedChanged

If rdoByAll.Checked = True Then

txtDateFrom1.Enabled = True

txtDateTo1.Enabled = True

btnCallReport1.Enabled = True

txtDateFrom2.Enabled = False

txtDateTo2.Enabled = False

btnCallReport2.Enabled = False

ddlNamelist.Enabled = False

Else

txtDateFrom1.Enabled = False

txtDateTo1.Enabled = False

btnCallReport1.Enabled = False

txtDateFrom2.Enabled = True

txtDateTo2.Enabled = True

btnCallReport2.Enabled = True

ddlNamelist.Enabled = True

End If

End Sub

Protected Sub rdoByName_CheckedChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles rdoByName.CheckedChanged

rdoByAll_CheckedChanged(sender, e)

End Sub

Protected Sub btnCallReport1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnCallReport1.Click

Dim rpt As New ReportDocument()

rpt.Load(Server.MapPath("CrystalReport1.rpt"))

Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rpt

Me.CrystalReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

End Sub

End Class

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i press F5 to run project make Code of radiobutton not work(Disable,Enable OtherControl such as textbox)

And when i try press CallReportButton CRviewer do not show anything.

When I brought CRviewer leaving the page ,Code of Radiobutton were working fine.

But can't to show "CrystalReport1.rpt" on CRviewer when i click CallReportButton. i'm not understand.

Then i have tried to learn from follow this link :

and

i have to create a new CR ASP NET project and copy the whole C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client folder

into my app folder and then add this to your web.config file, line in bold:  <add key="vs:EnableBrowserLink" value="false"/>

project is working but not fine  when I try to click button to call report  I get this pop-up .   " popup.JPG"   what is it?

And project warning!  could not find schema information every element . "Could not find every Element.JPG"

After that, copy the whole C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client folder into my app folder Only!  not add in my web.config

(In previous project need to use CR)  make to project were working  but i get same pop-up when i click to show report.

**** buleline in popup.JPG picture  is "The report you requested requires further information"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you're over-complicating things. I'd like you to have a look at a few sample apps, see how they work, then adjust your app. Samples are here:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Also, have a look  at Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 Walkthro... | SCN (- applies to all versions of CR and .NET).

Finally, the Developer Help files are here:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Thanks for the advice I will try to learn.

i can't read or open the Developer Help files But that's okay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ludek

i'm beginner Programmer Now i have issue about the parameters Date Range

with two textbox and other control.

From the above code i have two textbox, one dropdownlist and button to call report.

I have tried using parameterfield and formurafield of CR But the results are not what I want.

(i use report wizard to connect database and choose field from view)

dropdownlist is a name and two textbox is date start and date end.

In order to filter the information displayed to report with dropdownlist and textbox

how should I do?   help me please.

-Bas

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To see the dev files, you have to download them local - Microsoft security requirement.

For date range. Since you want to be using your own text box, you will have to capture what the user entered, then pass that to the report engine in the correct format.

Else, if you create a date range parameter in the report designer, when you run the report, the report viewer will prompt for the data values and you do not need to worry about any code.

Remember the link I gave you for sample apps wiki? Have a look at csharp_win_rangeparameters.zip and csharp_win_sub_daterange_param_engine.zip and csharp_win_paramengine.zip.

This KBA may also be worthwhile to look at:

1214110 - How to pass a Date/Time parameter to a report at runtime using VB .NET

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ludek

I developed with VB web application I can use vb instead C # or not?

• vbnet_web_rangeparams.zip
  • vbnet_web_sub_daterange_param.zip
  • vbnet_win_paramengine.zip
  • vbnet_win_sub_daterange_param_engine.zip

I want the user to select a range of dates on their own. To filter data displayed on CR.

I use 1 week for find a way for the user. Select a range of dates from the Textbox.

I hope that this will help me accomplish. I will try to learn, Thank for suggest  Ludek.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VB / C# all good. The sample apps are in VB as well as C#. There are also a number of translation tools that will convert the code from C# to VB. Just google C# to VB...

The suggestion re. how to have the user select the range has already been made in my previous responses(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you create a date range parameter in the report designer, when you run the report, the report viewer will prompt for the data values and you do not need to worry about any code.

I tried it your way But still did not finished because of problems with the data type.

I'm going to ask new questions and provide details of the problem there.

Thank Ludek 

Answers (0)