Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource regarding field MSEG-INSMK

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am looking for a DataSource regarding field MSEG-INSMK. I don't find any Business Content Datasource for the R/3-Field MSEG-INSMK ("Document Segment: Material" - Stock Type).

Should I define a new Generic Datasource based on the table MSEG to extract the field INSMK. The table MSEG is very large. What would be Delta-Specific Field for Generic Delta?

We have a requirement, to fill additionally the R/3-Field MSEG-INSMK in Business Content Inventory Management InfoCube (0IC_C03).

Thanks

Moha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Instead of generic, try to enhance your data source 2LIS_03_BF with field MSEG-INSMK.

Without CMOD Logic, you can get the data for added field as well.

Thru LBWE, try to see required field is exist in pooled structure at LBWE maintainance.

if there then you can move required field to from right to left,save and activate data source.

later delete and refill setup tables. check it.

If  not exist at pooled structure then add field thru append structure.

later unflag - field known in exit at RSA6.

After that delete and refill setup tables.

Thanks

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Thanks for the valuable answer.

I had already checked the transaction LBWE for the datasource 2LIS_03_BF. Unfortunately the required field MSEG-INSMK doesn't exit in pooled structure at LBWE maintainance.

I guess your recommendation to add field through append structure to sturcture MC03BF0 of business content data source 2LIS_03_BF is OK. In that case I have to refill setup tables and do INIT LOAD etc. as always.

My idea was to define generic DataSource for this field and load data into a new DSO for Look up in the transformation to the InfoCube 0IC_C03, to just avoid the setup tables and do INIT LOADS as it is very time consuming. Moreover I have to block users/bookings for the period of filling setup tables in source system.

Cheers

Moha

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assumed as your inventory data sources are in use at prod.

Even generic data source and look up concept also valid.

But if you go thru look up then you may need to load whole historic data your cube 0IC_C03 to fill MSEG-INSMK(assuemd as you added field INSMK to cube, filling data thru look up new dso) am right?

But thru standard data source, we may get delta as well.

Filling setup tables is one time activity. client can accept to lock system for hours during non business hours if we explain and convenience in proper way..

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, inventory data sources and InfoCube 0IC_C03 are in use at production.

One question: Can I add field MSEG-INSMK through append structure

to data source 2LIS_03_BF (and extend the routine in Include ZXRSAU01) WITHOUT refill setup tables and INIT Load into BW.

So in this case, the new field MSEG-INSMK will be filled for new delta records. Is it correct?

Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, without reinit, Your delta load will bring the data for INSMK now onwards.

if You need historic data for INSMK then only we need to delete and refill setup tables(BF Data source) from scratch.