cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while logging in to portal - without credentials logs in to portal (NO SSO configured)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a weird issue. When we access portal URL i.e. https://server:port/irj/portal it directly logs into portal and shows data of one particular user id. We have not configured any SSO and all users can see information of only one user id. Ideally on accessing portal URL it should show login page. Only after entering credentials it should allow to log into portal. Is there any way to check what might be the issue?

Regards,

Navya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Check how the backend system is being called. In the connection details, probably the user details has been provided instead of a technical user.

Did this work earlier?

Does this appear in different PCs too?

Regards,

Vinay

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We never faced this issue earlier. It used to work absolutely fine. Its shows login pafe and only after authenticating user it allows users to loginto portal. We do have abap data source. Where should i check the connection details?

Regards,

Navya

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

As @Vinay said does the issues exists in other machines too or only in your machine????

did you enableed the HTTP abab session property in the system objects which communicates with the backend

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It occurs in all teh machines. This setting is already enabled.

Regards,

Navya

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Not sure on the cause of this case, but you can do the following things first:

Navigate to internet options->'Advanced' tab and under security, uncheck the 'enable integrated windows authentication'. This should allow you to first provide a logon screen.

Next, login into portal NWA using the administrator id, URL: http(/s)://hostname:portno/nwa

here you could check the authentication properties.

Earlier I was thinking that your issue was related to SSO between Portal and ECC, with portal taking same user from ECC. Here the issue is related to Windows -> Portal SSO.

Regards,

Vinay

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is when I try to access NWA its directly logs in using the enduser id. This end user id doesn't have required permission. Is the any other way to access NWA without using portal? we are on NW 7.31 SP 4.

Regards,

Navya

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even after you disable windows authentication, you are unable to logon using NWA?

Are you using IE? Try the incognito/In private mode and see.

Is the log-off button enabled on your portal?

You could also try the url http://hostname:port/irj/portal/classic to change the theme, in case you want to change the theme to the classic version.

Regards,

Vinay