cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with system communication settings

0 Kudos

hi Experts,

We are implementing GTS 10.1 system. Required config is done in our dev box. in BD54 in Dev box we have defined our ECC feeeder system as DEVECC301.

In the org structure config for Assign Plant at Feeder System Level in dev sys we had maintained logical system as DEVECC301. now when this config transport request moves to assurance box by default we see the logical system as DEVECC301, where as in assurance the logical system should be TSTECC301.

One option was to use t code - BDLS and change logical system from DEVECC301 to TSTECC301. but in this case we may need to do BDLS every time we create & transport a new request.

pl let me know the best practise to be followed for this

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

Ideally, org. units should be mapped at Logical system group level as Dave and other suggested. But if you really feel, you don't want this to be changed now.

You should be creating entries for all the Logical systems(Dev, QA and Prod) in your dev. client and move this to downstream system(like we do cross plant BOM based evaluation for Preference setup).

For an example,

DEVECC301   PLT-XXXX   LU-LUXXXX

TSTECC301    PLT-XXXX   LU-LUXXXX

But I would suggest to see if you change it to Logical system group.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hi Dave / Dhilipan / Christopher,

thanks for the inputs I have changed the config to system group level. Also there is no issue with the previous documents.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Best way is to configure at Logical System Group level, not LS level.  Then that problem goes away.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

hi Dave,

Thanks for the inputs

I did think for the LS group option, but actually our build phase is mostly done and moving the changes to assurance box so was worried that all my testing in dev box may not be accessiable if I change the config at this stage.

any thoughts on this ...

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

I agree with Dave you should strongly consider changing the configuration to the logical system group level.

I think you are setting yourself up for a lot of pain down the road.

SAP recommends you use the logical system group concept.