cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS available in CMC , but not in Launchpad or IS main screen

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on SAP BI 4.,1 Sp03, DBODS 4.2 Sp02 and Information Steward Sp03 FP 03. There were no incidents during the installation, SAP IS interface is available in CMC and I can create and index integrators, create connections etc, but SAP I is missing in SAP BI Launchpad and main screen of Information Steward also is unavailable - i got 404 error, that pade does not exist.

I executed the manual wdeploy of web part, but still the same, also there are no error messages in log files, that relates to corrupted deployemnt of the interface or installation process. Is there smth specific that we need to do after installation ? I guess not, in DEV server everything is fine and running like a charm...

Maybe i need to create the incident with SAP?

many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand you seem to have resolved your issue;  however I noticed from your original posting you state:

We are on... DBODS 4.2 Sp02 and Information Steward Sp03 FP 03.

For future reference you should note your support pack and patch levels for Data Services & Information Steward should be the same. In this case you should be at 4.2 SP3 P3 for both.

Kindest regards,

Julie

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Before redeploying the WAR files, did you delete the CATALINA folder in Tomcat?

Try that then redeploy then restart Tomcat.

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

I even deployed web part on newly installed Tomcat, the same...

former_member195675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you eventually get this working? I seem the same issue.

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes, but in a funny way, since even SAP technical 'support'  did not manage to solve this and this issue was in my Dev system i proceeded with clean installation of Bi / EIM system and then i got IS back.

On the another hand, there is a note 1833902, which removes leftovers from BI part and then reinstall it with empty IS repo, if it does not help, then try your luck with 'Support' , maybe they will bring some light this time..