cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an Alias in SICF for SOA Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have various Enterprise Web Services (SOAP) which are available via URLs which look like this:

https://oursapserver.ourdomain.com/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zServiceX/100/ConfigY/bindingZ

Whenever we change the interface (changing the Function Modules) we have to create a new Enterprise Web Service (and config and binding...) in SOAMANAGER and this is not only tedious but it means a new URL.

We would like to have a fixed URL pointing to the latest version of the service. Something like:

https://oursapserver.ourdomain.com/zws/serviceX

When we create such an alias in SICF and point it to the above path and binding it does not work. We get a 500 error with the following response:

HTTP/1.1 500 SRT: Unexpected failure in SOAP processing occurred: ("No Web service configuration for this access path: "/zws/serviceX"")
content-type: text/html
content-length: 0
server: SAP NetWeaver Application Server / ABAP 731

Can anyone explain this message, or suggest a solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member75657
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was too quick with my first Response.
I found out what Needs to be done.

Aliasses, internal or external ones, to SICF Services that belong to SOAP runtime, meaning Services that are defined in SOAMANAGER, are not to be maintained in SICF.

Instead you define an alternative Access URL in the Transport Settings of your Service configuration in SOAMANAGER. This will be shown in SICF as an external alias.

In SOAMANAGER find your Service, edit the configuration. open the Transport Settings tab, enter there an alternative URL. Save your Settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Susanne, it's very helpful to have this issue solved finally!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member75657
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the very same issue. I also tried defining an alias in SICF for a SOAMANAGER based web Service. The web Service with ist original URL can be called, but the alias raises HTTP 500 error.

I would also be interested in a solution to this.