cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB - Homogeneous Copy - Importing backup from source to target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm doing a homogeneous MaxDB backup. I'm following this SAP Note 129352  and this set of instructions: Database Copy - SAP Documentation

In the instructions I've completed up to #3 of the procedure. So I have my two databases created, the complete backup generated on the source and the backup template created on the target database.

I'm using MaxDB version 7.8 so I use the Database Studio to administer my databases.

The part that I'm stuck on is importing my data backup file from the source to the target. Quoting from the instructions:

4. Import the complete data backup into the target database and transfer it to operating state ONLINE.

So the issue is that I don't know how to do this import for my target to detect and use the backup file that I've created.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or have an alternative method for MaxDB Homogeneous Copy?

Many thanks in advance,

Jerico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Jerico,

The import means to restore. During restore, you will be asked to define a template where you can
locate the source backup medium.

Here I have a document about how to restore via database manager. You can have a look and the basic is the same with the database studio

Please change the txt to pdf version to read.

Two points need to remember (they are also mentioned in the note you mentioned), 1 use initialize database option to restore, 2 before restarting database you need to load sys data as mentioned

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your response.

I have managed to solve this issue just before receiving your message and your method is surely correct.

Many thanks again for your response.

Kind regards,

Jerico

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Jerico,

Great and you are welcome.

Cheers,
James

Answers (0)