Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM integration

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are working on a shipper scenario where EM is integrated with TM 9.1.

Now I went thu a material where I have seen that once we update loading started, loading stopped, shipment started and shipment stopped in the transaction code for shipment creation in VT02N in ECC , then the events in TM under execution node of freight order for loading and unloading events gets updated directly and also the execution status gets updated in the TM document.

Now my question is for this scenario to be replicated do we need to interconnect EM with ECC also? If yes I would like to know more in details about the set up required between ECC and EM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipak,

These are very generic questions and difficult to answer from "generic" point of view. You have to be specific.

Please answer these questions first for us to answer you specifically.

1. Who (user group)  is monitoring the events ? Freight planners in TM, Shipment planners in ECC ? or Both ?
  2. How are these groups going to monitor the events ? (EM Web UI ? ECC Shipment ? ECC report ? TM Report ? TM worklists ? Execution tab of FO ?

From basic architecture perspective, the ECC integration to EM works very similar to any other system. TM uses DOA (direct output agent) to send extracted data to EM where as ECC uses BADIs.

But the process of integration is very similar:

BPT(ECC)-AOT (ECC)- Extractors (ECC) ---> EHT(EM)-EE Profile (EM)-Mapping profiles (EM)

Please be specific in your questions.

Thanks,

Deb

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly find below enclosed response:

• Who (user group)  is monitoring the events ? Freight planners in TM, Shipment planners in ECC ? or Both ?

Answer: We require only freight planners in TM to monitor the event.

• How are these groups going to monitor the events ? (EM Web UI ? ECC Shipment ? ECC report ? TM Report ? TM worklists ? Execution tab of FO ?

Answer: Events monitoring will be done thru EM web UI/Execution tab of FO and TM worklist.

So my question was since the events monitoring will be in EM and TM system only then in that case do we need to have the integration in place between EM to ECC also in this specific scenario? If yes which integration visibility scenario we need to activate here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

If all data populated in SAP EM and SAP TM then there is no specific scenario to have for ECC specific.

However, if client wants to have separate data or events (which does not exist in SAP EM and SAP TM) that directly reports from SAP ECC to SAP EM. Then you have to extract based on your scenario from ESC_DELIV or ESC_SHIPMT BPT.

ECC has its own extractors to retrieve data for different scenarios.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx.

Just a final clarification required.

Since in this case the data is required only in TM and EM but the event -Loading begin and loading end in SAP TM is updated based on the data manually entered in VT02N, in that case do we activate ESC_SHIPMT BPT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Option 1- You can activate ESC_SHIPMT and update to event handler required data.

Option 2 - Send the required data from SAP ECC -> SAP TM (with existing event and data) then make additional customization and push additional extracted data from SAP TM -> SAP EM.

Regards

GGOPI

Answers (0)