Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 6.0 printing Document template folder change

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to change the ADS printing Template and Temp folders, I have changed the settings on the System Rule Maintenance ADS - Document Printing Template Directory andDocument Printing Temporary Directory to the new folders, and saved many times.

But it seems SAP ME is still looking for the old folder. Because when I deleted the old folder, the printing throw exception "Cannot write to /Ads_printing_temp/ specified in Document Printing Temporary Directory for document BMW_NBT_EVO_RSE_EU (Message 20304)".  "/Ads_printing_temp/" is the old folder.

How this could happen and how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

The easiest way to resolve I can think about is to restart NW where ME is deployed.

Does it work for you?

Br, Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer. We haven't restarted NW after changing this. Actually it is not easy to request a restart of our production system. Do we have another chance to get this resolved?

e.g. cleaning the System Rule Maintenance cache without restarting NW. I got to know 5.1 has a webservice to do so to clean the System Rule Maintenance cache.

Thanks & regards,

Leon

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

You probably mean NotifyCacheUpdate webservice, mentioned earlier in this SCN forum:

"NotificationService.NotifyCacheUpdate webservice. You need to use the following cache name for System Rules:

<cacheName xsi:type="soapenc:string" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">SystemRuleBOCache</cacheName>

"

I have not tried it though. You may test it in your test system and if works then in production.

Br, Alex.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon!

The same solution with WS must work for your case.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Unfortunately, I am not able to find where this Webservice is in ME 6.0. Can you advise this?

in WS or PAPI?

Thanks & regards

Leon

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a legacy WS. You can find it in NWA: SOA > Application and Scenario Communication > Single Service Administration.

WSDL Port Type Name = NotificationProcessingIn

Operation Name = NotifyCacheUpdated