cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block CAT2 on Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the moment our employees are writing time on projects by creating network/activity with a workcentre.

We also use the same activities to add Material Components, which are purchased and after good receipt, we make Project Deliveries via CNS0.

After a certain point in time, we want to prevent users to write time via CAT2 onto this activity.

I cannot use status LOCK (LKD), Account Assignment Locked (AALK) because these prevent the process RMWL (Goods Issue Delivery)

Neither can we use status Technically Completed (TECO) because this will set a Deletion Indicator to the Material Components, which prevent also the Goods Issue Delivery.

One solution, which is also not possible for us, is to remove the Work Center. This will prevent CAT2 due to a check we build in. A user has to have the same Cost Center as the Cost Center of the Work Center. But it's not possible for us, because we make Forcast on these activities via the Work Center, Cost Center and the Activity Type / Price planning (KP26). so removing the Work Center will prevent Forcasting.

I guess the solution should be in some kind of (user) status, which prevent all kind of bookings which result into a Accounting Document, in combination with some ABAP.

Our Project Deliveries do not have this kind of document.

But maybe there are other solutions.

Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks for your effort

Best regards,

JM Starmans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jean-Marie,

I think you already mentioned the solution that is a User Status + User Exit in CAT2 to validate receiver upon time sheet saving.

In theory the User Status can prevent activity allocation, but I do not think SAP is that smart to check for it within CAT2.  It will instead fail CO documents only in CAT5 transfer.

Anyway you can easily test if CAT2 is smart enough to validate the NWA user status and therefore avoid additional ABAP.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paulo.

A very simple but usefull tip to check how CAT2 performs on a actual user status.

As much as I love programming, my kind of thinking is to use as much standard SAP as possible without the use of ABAP. That part of SAP, I totaly understand Just want to improve my knowledge.

Thanks for the tips, I will posts my testresults tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jean-Marie

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking forward your test results!  Unfortunately there are many things yet to be improved by SAP for CATS to other components integration (I think SAP just leaves it for ABAP consultants), so I honestly do not believe that user status is properly validated in CAT2 by a standard program.  It is same as when you set TECO status on many objects SAP will not validate that there are outstanding CATS records that are not transferred yet and will not give you a warning.  And CAT5 test run will never simulate everything, so sometime you will get errors only in production run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yesterday tried to implement a new User status with the neccesary Business transactions.

For some reason it didn't work out the way I was expecting. Besides the User status is not as much visible compared to a System Status.

At that time I realised, why not change the system status AALK, instead of default block RMWL (Goods Issue Delivery) change it to permit this action.  All our project deliveries are free of charge. Beside that, the user status AALK is never used in the Production system, so it's a status I can introduce for fixing our problem.

So fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help Paulo.

Greetings JM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

as Paulo replied, User Status and Exit (CATS0003) will solve this.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

What I can think of is to build a ZTABLE, which will have the network/order numbers on which you are not supposed to book time, during saving of timesheet user exit can validate and if a network found in the ZTABLE an appropriate error message will guide to change the network used by the employee during time booking in CAT2.In this way you will have a flexibility to include or exclude any network/order used for timesheet or not at any point of time, without touching any standard functionality on network,material and timesheet.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

thanks for your answer. The Project Managers needs to keep track of those changes when to book or not to book time on to activities. Because CJ20N is a familiar transaction for them I want them to make the necessary changes in there. So introducing a ZTABLE will certainly work, but is not desirable, it is another transaction for the the users. And I do not want to put extra work with other members (like IT) to keep track of those changes.

I succesfully introduced the changed status AALK, my problem is solved now. Thanks