cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No settlement for maintenance order - Impact ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have the following question to answer By the end of tomorrow. In fact;

- What is the impact of not settling the internal activities of my maintenance work center (I know there is no cost for the maintenance work).

Is this a good practice to indicate that the work is like for free.

- Is there any way to have the cost of the a work center only on Planned costs and not to settle it ?

The client want to see the costs of the maintenance but with no settlement of these costs (is that a good practice or a requirement without a logic reason)

Thank you.

Karim Es.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

This is purely depend on your client.

All internal labour are employee of my client, so they preferred, there is no point on calculating the cost. We have designed in such a way that we do time confirmation for the hours spent on the operation, but we will not calculate the cost.

We have reports to determine the total number of hours spent and this will be useful for scheduling also.

I dont prefer to calculate the cost, if i am not getting it settled.

If you want to calculate the cost spend, then you need to develop a custom report to check based on the time confirmed hours.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

let's take the biggest requirement,

- I don't want to see the cost for internal labor ? how can i do it ?

- Must i define a Co activity or not?

- If i don't have a Co activity, what is the impact, normally i remember it's a lot of yellow screens.

Kind regards,

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

Please find below for your reference.

- I don't want to see the cost for internal labor ? how can i do it ?

Do not set cost for activity / cost center combination, eventually no activity type required

Do not assign activity type in work centre

(Optional changes)

Do not set "Cost" check from controlling key PM01 etc

Do not set value categories

Can you brief about what is Co Activity ?

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

CO Activity (Is the controlling activity = Activity type in the work center)

Thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

if your client is not bothered about internal labor cost, don't use them in PM ORDER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

What doe's mean to not use them "technically" ?

- Not use Co activity ?

Kind regards,

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Espartie A,

This might not look good but the requirement is not to capture Internal Labor Cost, then don't insert "Operation" having internal "Activity" assigned.

And if time has to be captured for Internal labor & cost not required, please follow other response.

Rgds

Sunil

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim Es.

If there is no cost, then settlement or not-settlement will not make any difference. But what I understand is, in your case, you want to plan the costs but want to keep the actual costs zero. Am I right? Why do you want to have this scenario?

There might be other ways of doing this but possibly one of them will be using an activity type with a small amount of rate (SAP does not allow you to enter 0 on activity rates) while actualizing the order. So planned amount will use a separate activity type than actuals.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Savas