cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I register my Crystal Reports 9 included in VS .NET 2003 Ent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am rebuilding an old development system and cannot seem to get Crystal Reports registered. The automatic registration process keeps failing when connecting to a defunct URL.

I have already contacted customer support online as well as their help line. Both support avenues sent me back to this forum so hopefully, someone can give me a hand with this problem.

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know who I should contact to get this enabled?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Too much water under that bridge...

Crystal Decisions was taken over by Business Objects which was taken over by SAP. CR 9 stopped being supported years and years ago.

I doubt we'll have any luck getting this registered. I'll ask around here if there is any way to bypass the registration, but I have severe doubts...

My recommendation would be updating the project to VS 2010 / 2012 / 2013 and use SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET (CRVS). CRVS can be downloaded here:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am just renewing an old project and do not have the newer MS dev suites so the SAP CR's won't work for me at this time. Please let me know one way or another regarding any possible solutions.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things. Good and bad. Remember these are recollections of old timers from 15 years ago, so they may be tainted by years of rust...

The good - if we are lucky. Search the install CD for Keycode.dll. Copy it to root of C:\. Keep your fingers crossed, install.

The bad - if the above does not work or if you do not find the dll on the CD, then there is not much we can do anymore. One person's recollection is that there was an updated keycode.dll released to address the issue. If that is correct, the dll is gone. We do not keep these as the product is no longer supported.

- Ludek

Answers (0)