cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant check for material on task list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a situation where we created a general task list for Planning plant A, and are trying to add material to the components section of the task list that are maintained in Plant B.  This is due to plant B completing this task for Plant A.

So when we add a material to the components section of the task list we get the error that the material is not maintained in Plant A.  Plant B is the plant on the operation/work center level of this task list however the plant check happens to the planning plant (plant A) of the task list.

Does anyone know of any configuration we can change or maybe a user exit to change this plant check to happen on the operation/work center level of the task list rather than the planning plant of the task list? 

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Task list in PM is function performed at Planning Plant, So it is not possible if material is maintained in another plant to be assigned.

Only thing you can do is to extend Materil and make it available for Both Plant A & B.

Also let us know whether Plant B is planning plant or maintence plant?

Rgds

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.  This is the opinion I'm coming to as well, but I thought I would reach out to everyone and see if anyone else had any ideas.

Plant B is a planning and maintenance plant in our system, however for this particular task list the planning plant assigned to it is Plant A. 

Thanks

Answers (0)