cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation View Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I configure Calculation View security such that the modeled views it consumes are private to the end users.

For example if I have a Analytic View that is consumed in a Calculation view I want to prevent the end user from being able to run the Analytic View Directly but still be able to consume the Calculation View.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When you assign privileges to end user don't grant him MODEING role and access to _SYS_BIC schema.

But only grant access to the particular view in _SYS_BIC schema.

Don't grant _SYS_BI_CP_ALL analytic privilege but create an analytic privilege for your Calculation View.

Then grant select access to _SYS_BI schema, analytic privilege that you created and select privilege on Calculation View that you just created.

Additionally, you can check my blog:

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! This was a great help.  We are just laying out our strategy but were going down the path of Schema level _SYS_BIC select access and using AP to secure the Query.

I now see that

Select Access to the Schema or Query is the "Run" Permissions.

AP is the "Consume" Permissions

And with that... Providing AP on view without providing select permissions will let a view be consumed by a parent without direct access to the child view.

This approach also helps prevents the user from having to wade thru a bunch of views they don't have access to in the client tools, like Analysis or Lumira.

Answers (0)