cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Values Not refreshing for Range Prompts in Analysis for Office

0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have an issue where I have got a BEx query where i have defined a User input variable aka prompt on Fiscal year period and the prompt properties is set as Selection Options/ Optional.

When I execute the query in analysis for office and select a range value for this variable in prompt screen, then it shows me the complete list of value for the first value in the range of selection but doesn't refresh the value for the second position.

To explain the issue more deeply, I have a "From Fiscal Year Period selection" and "To Fiscal Year Period selection", but the list of values refresh only for From Fiscal year period selection and not for the another one.

I also enable the following properties in my workbook under components tab:

Refresh Workbook on Opening

Force Prompt for Initial Refresh

Store Prompts with Workbook

But none of these options work.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sumit

Which AO version are you using?

There is one SAP Note which need to be implemented on BW side.but before that we need to make sure that we are working on AO 1.4 SP11 or higher.After that you can Apply the below SAP note on BW side get the Same prompt behavior which we get in Bex Analyzer.

Here is the SAP Note:

2107060 - RSBOLAP: Correction for SAP Note 2065089 (reader reset)

Regrds

Manoj

0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj for your suggestion.

I am currently on AO 1.4 SP 9. Let me upgrade the patch to SP11 or the latest available and validate if it works.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I don´t get the point what kinf of refresh you expect?

When choosing the value for a variable I would not expect any refresh.

regards

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

The user would have an option to select the value(s)  from the prompt list of Values. Here in my case, the LOVs under any of the prompts defined in my BEx query are not refreshing in AO. So, whatever selection I am making at the first position appears at the second position without providing an option of choosing any other fiscal year period value as shown in the figure below.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Would it be possible for you to share screen shots of your BEx query on the fiscal years and your Analysis Office workbook?  Use the camera icon to upload images.

This will help others help you (I hope)

Tammy

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

This is not only an issue with fiscal years but this is an issue with all the prompts or user input variables whose LOVs are not refreshing in AO. Please see the screenshot below.

In this image, you can see that the LOVs which I select at the first place is reflecting at the second position also, but the ideal behaviour should list down all the values which are there in the backend.

Please let me know, if this helps.