cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline capabality options in CRM ?

0 Kudos

Hello team,

I'm looking at what offline capabilities are available in CRM. Initial browsing I found the below options

1. Adobe Interactive Forms

2. Sales Manager

Our requirement in a nutshell is for the field officer to be able to create SR/activities in remote locations with no connectivity and the data to sync with CRM when connectivity available.

Cheers,

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186644
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

Have you heard of SAP CRM Mobile Sales/Service for laptop solution?

This is a thin client

SAP CRM Mobile applications allow field sales people and service technicians to access SAP applications and
customer data.

Designed and developed using a SAP CRM tool called Mobile Application Studio (MAS), which customers can  use to
develop their own changes to the UI.

A Mobile Client has its own local database that is used to store data. So it can be used offline. Users can then
connect to the main CRM Server and trigger a bidirectional synchronisation of data using a middleware tool (
Conntrans).

Useful for field sales people or service technicians who spend most of their time in places without wireless
internet access.

For more details refer to

CRM Mobile Technology - SAP Library

Best Regards,

Gervase

0 Kudos

Thank you people. Appreciate the responses!

Cheers,

SB

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly is anyone using that tool anymore?  I mean would you really suggest use of that tool given that SAP's strategic direction is UI5 and other tools?

Take care,

Stephen

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you run Microsoft Outlook, the newer desktop connection for SAP CRM can meet this need.  It's a plugin installed in outlook, that allows you sync/view data inside of outlook with SAP CRM.

Take care,

Stephen

0 Kudos

Thanks for responding back Stephen - This is useful information. But as I understand desktop connection enables sync of accounts, contacts, appointments, tasks and emails.

We also use the service request object -  how do we use this object in offline mode ?

Cheers,
SB

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think SAP has a professional/enterprise version(paid version) that allows you to sync other CRM data beyond the standard delivered objects through development.  There should be blog somewhere here on SCN that talks about that version.

Take care,

Stephen