cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Report Bursting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to burst a report using one of the fields in the report. No user profiles etc is needed as I simply need data to be divided into separate files.  I did set all the properties as set in another similar post..difference being my report has 2 input date parameters.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1846515

the publication is running successfully, but I always end up having all the data in single report.

What is being missed?

Please adivse.

Thanks in advance.

Anuradha Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anuradha,

To narrow down your issue just update what you did exactly, this helps to understand your issue better.

I think you are using dynamic recipient list to burst your report.

Have you tried advanced options?

Thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mani,

The issue is corrected

It was because I was using the same report in Source Document and in Dynamic Recipients to select identifier to burst report.

That was causing all the data to be pulled into a single report.

As correctly adviced I created another report to get the list of unique identifiers. I selected this report in Dynamic recipients and in Personalisation > Filters.

Now the data is correctly split into separate files.

But along with the split files the publication also generates additional report with all the data in it.

is it always the case?

Thanks again.

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it should not generate report with all data.

Do you have more than one query in report? if so you have to apply filter in publication for all queries with unique identifier.

Just for testing filter Dynamic recipients report to few values (five) and see how it's generating, in this case also if it's generating five reports + report with all data,  then something you need to look at original report design.

Thanks,

Mani