Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic change of Settlement cost center

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your advise here, Situation is:

Client wants that, whenever they change planner group & work center from mechanical to electrical in work order, settlement & respeonsible cost center should automatically get changed to the respective cost center allocated for electrical ( equipment Cost center) & in electrical work center. Client is not willing to bifurcate equipment into mechanical & electrical equipment.

For eg - A kiln is configured as equipment with default planner group, work center & Cost center of mechanical. Now suppose they create a maintenance order on the equipment. Now if this job is performed by electrical , then they will change PG & WC to electrical. In lieu of this, they also wish that settlement cost center should be changed automatically.

can anybody suggest how could we proceed in this scenario.

thanks

kaushik Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

Responsible cost center is the cost center of the main work center. In order to change the settlement cost center, you must use a user exit (as suggested) which is IWO10027 .

Regards

Savas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi savas/ Sunil/ Anand

I guess I have go through 2 enhancements one is to update responsible cost center & other to update settlement cost center.

Thanks

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Your issue can be solved by having an enchancement [user exit ] when ever maint workcenter is changes respective cost center should be changed additional tab of the order .

Regards

Anand

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Your requirement will work if the resp. cost centre to be changed based on the main work centre, based on the order header.

Regards

Terence

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I didnt get you, can you elaborate??

thanks

Kaushik

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Maintenance order can have one header main work centre and multiple operation level work centre.

Using which work centre you want to change the resp cost centre ?

Regards

Terence

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Basically , client wont be having multiple operation work center instead they will be same as header work center so once header work center is changed responsible cost center should get also changed automatically.

Also I havent tried operation level costing, I guess this functionality is not activated in their system, will check and revert.

Thanks

Kaushik

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

If that is the case, you can try user exit IWO10025 PM/SM order: Finding responsible cost center whether you can update the resp cost centre.

As updated by you, if there are only one work centre, then you can update the resp using header work centre, there is no need for operation level costing.

Regards

Terence

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks terence for helpful answer..

Rgds

Kaushik

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Here are the ans:

1. No, Multiple operations are there but all assigned to same work center

2. yeah mechanical & electrical have different CC

3. SAP ECC 6.0

4. EHP 6 for ECC 6.0 is installed.

thanks

kaushik

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

The settlement CC is derived from Equipment/Organisation Tab and is populated in Location Tab as account assignment.

I think you need to do enhancement or start using Operation level costing. which will eventually give the option for account assignment

Please check below link-

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Need some more info.

1. is your Maintenance team Create Single order for Equipment with multiple operations assigned to different Work Center?

2. are there different CC assigned to Mechanical and Electrical WC?

3. Which version of SAP you are using?

4. New Version (I am guessing SAP ECC Enp 5 ) onward has functionality of Operation level Costing, lower version doesn't support.PM cost is collected at header level only.

Rgds

Sunil