cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Shift Premium in DWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

Please can you guide me regarding making a DWS with a shift premium.

I have to make a DWS (by the name DDE4) for shifts 07:00 till 19:00 with a shift premium of 19%.

I am very new to this, so a step by step process will simplify things for me.

Kindest Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep Singh,

Shift Premium is 19% of what?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am sending you the screen shot of the DWS which I have to make, please guide me through about making DWS and including shift premium in it.

Regards

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You didn't answer my earlier question. Kindly provide information about that first.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

19% of the amount associated with that shift.

for e.g: employess doing shift of SCN will get 19% of his basic salary.

thanks

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if this DWS is there for 5 times in the month, how will the final calculation look like?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your input, Like I said before my knowledge in SAP HCM is basic as I am in the learner stage and not at all fully into PCR and all. @ Venkatesh I looked into v_T510P, so can i put that 19% premium allowance there, but how will it shows up in DWS.

@ Shruti would you please guide me in giving the unique DWS Class and the process after it.

@ Bhama S, I was lost in that link which you sent me. was it relevant to shift premium??

@ Jagan thanks for the route for shift premium but how to do it ??

Cheers Guru's.

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

When you create a DWS assign it a particular DWS class, say 1 for instance. Now create a rule in T510S for processing type S and DWS class 1 by following the document that I mentioned earlier. Then in your schema use the function GWT as

GWT    SDZL

On payroll side, you can maintain the rate as a constant and then in a PCR do the calculations for amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Problem is that I dont know much about PCR and it to write one is even more difficult. what would be the PCR in terms of my situation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

check out this thread u may get an idea

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried option V_T510P, XALP,V_512W_B try them you will get an idea.

Regards

Venkatesh

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

As pointed out by Jagan, you can achieve this by configuring rules in T510S.

Give a unique DWS class for the shifts which are supposed to earn shift premium. For this DWS class generate shift premium WT from T510S in time evaluation. This wage type would be stored in the ZL table. Payroll would read the number of hours for this WT and then multiple it with the desired rate for the premium pay out.

You can refer to the document to understand how to generate the time wage type.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shift premium can be generated as a time w/t by using a DWS class or based on the employee's groupings.  This generation can be through a PCR or through the function GWT & based on the rules in V_T510S.

I'd suggest revising time evaluation config guide.