cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order for a Material with two units of measure?

leandros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody I have the following issue.

In my company there is a new production process with a Material that should be configured in the master data with the field "Base Unit of Measure" as per unit (each). But the production process, should be confirmed by tx CO11N, in Kilograms. I know that I can use the additional Data in tx MM03 to set a Production Unit, but the value of convertion would be fixed. For example 122 Kg = 1 each, the thing is that the value in kilograms for each lot can vary, one lot can weight 122 and another one can weghr 125, and in each case I shoul have two units in stock. And as I have the value of convertion fixed, when I confirm each lot one for 122 kg and another for 125 kg I will have 2.025 units in MB52.

How can I solve this problems? I need to have the chance the confirm in kg changing for each lote the quantity but in the base Unit of Measure have one unit for lot. As if for tx CO11N I could have a field where I can set tha x quantity of Kilograms is x each.

Kind regards

Leandro. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you need to use batch management and maintain the KG value as a batch characteristic.

Your base unit of measure is always piece (PC) and order is created in PC, correct?

You only want to track the weight of each piece and for each lot the weight vary. It's not alternate uom, instead the property of that lot.

So, you can confirm in pc in co11n and produce the stock through mb31, where (if you enable batch in material master), you should enter the Kg for that lot.

Thanks

Prem

leandros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prem, it's true it is like a characteristic of the lot, but the production manager wants to register the production by kilos and the sales department sales the product by unit (each -EA) so the stock should be by pieces (ea) but also, with the info that each lot weights x kilos... so I have to set the equivalence of kilos/each for each lot.

Kind Regards

Leandro

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In such case, you will have to go for HU managed inventory (storage unit).

Each HU is the piece and weight of piece is weight of HU. You will have complete track (unit identification) in that case.

leandros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Prem, but I don't really know what  HU managed inventory is. I'll try to get some info.

Regards..

Leandro

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leandro,

I think catch Weight Management solution best fits in your requirement as we can not have a fixed conversion in some cases each batch has to be given an individual conversion factor.

Please check below document for more understanding and help

BR
KK

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

The solution will depend on how you want to setup the process.

For this i have couple of questions:

1. What is the reason why the quantity in kg is different from unit o unit ?

2. At what time the conversion rate (between kg and unit) is known and how it is calculated ?

Please give more details on the business constraint so we can figure out the best way to handle this issue.

Regards,

Ayoub.

leandros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub, First thank`s for your promt answer,

1. The Quantity is different, because is not a perfect process, there is a manual work in the process that makes this quantity differ, there is no big difference, maybe a Kilo or Two but the production mannager wants to have this registered. And besides in productions they manage kilograms, but for selling the comercials manage units (each - EA)

2.The convertion rate is known at the end of the process after cutting and packaging a unit, they weight it.

Regards

Leandro