cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create report in Bulk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus/Experts,

We changed the templated linked to a report by creating a new version. Now we want all the reports ( MSDS) associated with this template to be updated in version for all the specifications it is linked with so that the chagnes in the new version is used & it's changes are reflected in reports, How can we manually update version of reports in bulk via CG02 if there exists a procedure or how to create reports in bulk. The jobs are failing & we have been asked to do it manually.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh

no chance. There is no standard approach here. You have to go trhough spec by spec and gen var/language combination. But it is quite common to use "work arounds" (own programming etc:). Check may be:

as a starting point.

C.B.

PS: may be you try to use a "trick"

Check:

Generating Worklists - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

Subtopic: Report Management Worklist - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

May be you could try to use this kinde of approach to generate a "worklist" (not sure; never tried it like that)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that we have some 280 plus reports to be updated in version or a new version created for all of them.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh

luckily you have only this low amount of reports to regenerate; big companies need to take care 10 - 100 time this number of reports

C.B.

0 Kudos

hi all,

in my company, we currently have > 11 000 released RAW reports.

And as Christophe mentionned, we had to develop a report that will 'pull' a new RAW report when it is necessary during the final report processing (to avoid to have to re-generate manually at each change).

NB: CG02 allow to generate one generation variant for a given (hit)list of substances. But then, that trick will work only if using a couple of generation variants or it will also get cumbersome.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to correct my answer. You are right. If you use CG02 you can generate WWI reports in "bulk" one combination of "genvar/language"

So here i was not correct ...

C.B.