cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with excel on Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I have an issue with the excel data values. I have made an excel file which has all the data to show in the Dashboard. But I do not know when the file is imported, it loses its format (background color, align, etc.). I have tried to copy from the Excel’s spreadsheet to Dashboard’s spreadsheet but when I save and close, it does not save the changes. I would like to know what can be the reason. Can you please give some guidelines?  My Dashboard version is 6.0.5.0 with SP5 and the build is 14,0,5,882. MS Excel Plus Professional 2010 and Windows 7 SP1 64 bits.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. Finally i found a solution. I had to create a new file of Dashboard to import the data, but first, i had to create a new excel and later copy the data from that file to the other excel and after copy the last excel file to my Dashboard file. Very strange but works. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Regards.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure what is ur excel file format

make sure it is in proper format

or open that excel and save as that excel

and use a new copy of excel for import

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Can you test the issue by installing the latest version of Dashboards i.e Dashboards 4.0 SP10.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit. Thank you for your answer and forgive me for a reply late. I installed the Dashboard 4.1 SP05 and the result is the same. The excel loses the format. I keep the Dashboard file, reopen and nothing. Thanks for any help that can supply me.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all make sure you are using excel 2010 32bit.

After importing save dashboard. If it still gives issue try to re-install excel and Dashboard using Administrator username.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk for your answer. I follow your instructions but don't work.

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure your excel live office is disable

first save that file in computer and after that try to import the excel in the dashboard

and after importing try to as save the dashboard and reopen the dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh. I follow your suggestions and the problem persist. Live office is disabled. I create a new dashboard to try. I import the excel and automatically loses the format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

What looses format?
dashboard or excel sheet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Preetesh. The excel sheet looses the format.